- All Community
Google, with all of its data-wielding power, just posted a study examining multi-device content consumption and interaction. What is clear is that the general population, not just the techie crowd, is now quite comfortable with multitasking with today’s variety of devices.
For instance, in the Google study:
- 90% switched from one device to another when trying to complete a task
- For every user, an average of three device combinations is employed every day
- 77% of TV viewers today use another device while watching TV
- 17% use a smartphone to look up information after seeing a TV ad
- 67% start to shop on one device and then switch to another
For us at Mediafly, these trends ring true, as we live in this multi-device world every day, helping clients securely bridge the gap between their enterprise content and an ever-expanding array of devices. While the Google study is primarily consumer-focused, the trends Google highlights are user trends that companies, no matter what the size, will be facing now and in the future.
A sample infographic from the multi-screen study is below:
For those who are interested, Google's full research report is available from this link.
Just please don't multi-screen and drive!