- All Community
We all know that nothing stays the same, especially when it comes to technology. So what’s going on with mobile applications? The Apple app store opened 4 years ago and a lot has changed. Are apps changing too? I read a blog post recently on Forrester with some interesting ideas on what to expect for the future of mobile apps.
Here’s the rundown –Thomas Husson writes that most first generation applications rarely integrated with back-end systems, meaning they haven’t been taking advantage of the massive opportunities available there. Newer applications will be more personalized and contextual.
Per Husson, you should expect to see the following in the second wave of consumer applications:
- “Big data” will enable more contextual experiences on mobile apps.
- We'll see smarter, connected apps.
- There will be a shift from native to hybrid and web apps.
- Multiplatform apps will reign supreme.
He goes on to remind us of the basic principles on how to approach applications as products and defining their lifecycles:
- Market apps in the stores and among core target audiences.
- Progressively add new features and services.
- Invest in mobile analytics and surveys.
- Introduce new business models.
- Localize your mobile app approach
- Use push notifications to drive engagement.
If you’re interested in learning more, you can check out his report, "The Mobile Application Life Cycle."
At DLS Software Studios, we want to provide you with the very best IT solutions for your business. Contact us today to discuss how our IT consultants can bring cost-effective, best in class solutions to your organization. From custom software development to systems analysis, we’ve got you covered. While we are located in the Chicago area, we take on projects throughout the country. Any project, anywhere, anytime – We’ve got the solution for you.