- All Community
My store, Roscoe Village Bikes in Chicago, officially became a mom and pop on October 1st when we welcomed baby Pauline. We are getting settled in and having a lot of fun but I haven’t had much time update the Little Independent blog. She’s sleeping, so here goes….
November and December are big months in retail and it’s incredibly easy to make local and independent stores a part of the mix. Here are four holiday shop local campaigns that emphasize the benefits of supporting neighborhood shops over the holiday season.
1. Saturday, November 10th is Neighborhood Toy Store Day!
2. The Shift Your Shopping campaign begins.
3. Small Business Saturday is November 24th
4. In addition to the national campaigns, you’ll probably find one that directly benefits your community. For example, Local First Chicago has Unwrap Chicago and Chicago Buy Local Week
We are thrilled to be a part of the growing local and independent movement to preserve and promote Main St. style shopping in America. Please help us by:
1. Visiting Little Independent to shop, sell or lend support.
Through out marketplace, we’re working to make it easier for small, independent stores to sell clearance and discounted merchandise online and in-store.
2. If your favorite store isn’t there, please tell the shopkeeper about our site. The more stores and sale items to be found, the more enjoyable and beneficial Little Independent becomes.
3. Purchase some of your holiday gifts from independently owned stores in-person or via Little Independent.
Thanks and Happy Holiday Shopping!
Lesley Tweedie, Founder