- All Community
Startup of the Month
How to apply
If you can answer “yes” to the three questions below, then email email@example.com 300 words or less (i.e. YOUR BEST PITCH) on why you should be selected as the next “Startup of the Month".
1. Have you created an innovative value proposition that will disrupt an existing industry or market?
2. Do you have quantifiable traction and sustainability? (E.g. paying clients, captive audience, and/or committed users?)
3. BOTTOM LINE: Are you different?
An independent committee will review all submissions and the winner will be announced on Built In Chicago the first day of each month.
Why You Want To Win
1. A ONE MONTH feature on the BIC home page, with a link to your company profile, which receives 100,000+ visits/month.
2. An announcement in the Built In Chicago weekly newsletter which is sent over 15,000 individuals.
3. A one hour consultation with attorneys at Neal Gerber Eisenberg.
4. Up to two hours of time with your choice of an accounting, tax or human resource professional from Blackman Kallick Plante Moran. Topics of discussion could range from help counseling you on business matters, best tax structure for your company, human capital issues or financial reporting.
5. Accelerated access to the Microsoft Biz Spark program (enables all technology startups that are <3 yrs old and making <$1M in annualized revenue to join and receive a full suite of Microsoft development tools and products.) AND/OR a personal nomination for the Microsoft Biz Spark Plus program (delivers $60K worth of cloud services (Windows Azure) over the course of 2 years to high-profile, high-growth startups that have been vetted once by a selected incubator, investor, co-lo, etc).
interested in getting involved?
Interested in providing your services to the “Startup of the Month”? Post a blog about your company and send a link to the blog to firstname.lastname@example.org.