Paro is an exclusive network of the very best on-demand financial professionals. Paro matches businesses with highly vetted financial analysts, CFOs, CPAs, and bookkeepers who have the domain expertise to tackle company-specific problems. Only the top 10% of finance freelancers make it through our screening process.
The hardest jobs are the ones we can’t do. That’s why small businesses come to us to help solve their finance-related needs. And that’s why we need you, someone who can help us manage our ever-growing client base as we continue to support the small businesses who rely on us and our network of highly vetted finance professionals.
Paro is seeking ambitious individuals willing to put their finance and accounting expertise to work. Accountant Managers (no, that’s not a typo), are directly responsible for managing new and existing clients to undertake any financial issue, ranging from outsourced monthly bookkeeping to essential CFO work. Remember, we’re the experts, so accounting knowledge is a must to excel at this role.
Collaboration is key for everyone on Paro’s team. Together we thrive in an open environment and encourage constant feedback in order to guarantee success for all of our clients. Accountant Managers will work cross-departmentally to ensure flawless execution and fulfillment on every project.
If you’re a resilient worker ready for a fast-paced career in Finance Operations with a passion for startups, then we want you.
Who You Are
- 2-4 years of accounting and / or finance experience (ideally in a services-oriented business)
- Think fast, hustle hard, and laugh a lot
- Empathetic and can understand the needs of current and prospective clients
- Self-motivated and ambitious to creatively get work done
- Professionalism complemented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technically proficient with the capacity to quickly learn multiple software platforms (don’t worry, we’ll teach you)
- Solution driven and excel at solving problems, particularly in team settings
- Aspire to learn, grow and succeed in accounting and operations
- Ability to work efficiently while dodging soccer balls and shooting Nerf hoops
- Add to the culture and change the trajectory of our growth by being your awesome self
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing clients
- Leverage your accounting and finance knowledge to guide the cadence of client deliverables on a monthly basis
- Continuously improve our clients’ finance and accounting processes
- Implement new strategies and best practices with the core Operations team
- Vet and manage a growing team of the best freelance talent out there
- Consult with Sales team to close new business
- Match clients and freelance talent to meet goals in an efficient manner
- Define and shape our customer acquisition strategy
- Interact with entrepreneurs on a daily basis
Nice to Haves
- Background in financial services, accounting, and / or bookkeeping
- Consulting experience
- Big 4 experience
- Competitive salary + stock options (let’s talk)
- Fun and challenging environment that propels career growth
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO – we trust you
- Opportunity to grow into a leadership role, within Operations or shifting to a different function
- Monthly happy hours and team outings
- Catered breakfast on Mondays and Fridays
- Great office location in Gold Coast, steps away from public transportation
Paro is an exclusive network of the very best on-demand financial professionals. Paro matches businesses with highly vetted financial analysts, CFOs, CPAs, and bookkeepers who have the domain expertise to tackle company-specific problems. Less than the top 10% of finance freelancers make it through our screening process so businesses are guaranteed top-notch experts at affordable prices.