Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company dedicated to connecting hungry diners with local takeout restaurants. The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from approximately 40,000 takeout restaurants in more than 1,000 U.S. cities and London. Every order is supported by the company’s 24/7 customer service teams. Grubhub has offices in Chicago, New York and London.
Grubhub is looking for a data-driven, business-minded, results-oriented Analyst to join our Finance team. The Finance team is the analytical engine of the company - we surface insights that drive strategy and optimal decision making for the Executive team and leaders across the organization. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding the ‘who, what, and whys’ of our business - working cross-functionally to dig into trends and surface value-creating opportunities. This role reports to the Manager of Finance and Analytics.
To succeed in this role, you must be innately curious, deeply analytical, highly driven and a strong communicator.Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Monitor KPIs and business drivers for all departments - Marketing, Sales, Product, Technology, Operations and Care - highlighting trends and investigating underlying causes of variance
- Perform advanced analytics to better understand the critical drivers of our business – including but not limited to diner behavior, restaurant relationships, product engagement, and market-specific performance
- Effective analysis is only possible with good data - be a champion of data accessibility, accuracy and quality for the Finance team by partnering with our Data and Technology groups
- Prepare KPI reports distributed daily, weekly and monthly to the Executive and Senior Teams
- Help prepare presentations for Board of Directors and Executive Team
- Be curious! Find data nuggets, trends and other analytical goodies that help us grow faster and generate more profit
- BA/BS from top-tier University
- 2-3 years of experience in an analytical role, preferably within consulting, finance or tech
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to dive deep, summarize, and communicate important data
- Ability to balance attention to detail with expeditious execution in a fast-paced environment
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; extremely organized
- Good understanding of financial statements
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Tableau and/or SQL preferred
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.