Solstice is an innovation and emerging technology firm that helps Fortune 500 companies seize new opportunities through world-changing digital solutions. As strategists and consultants, we help organizations evolve their digital strategy to solve mission-critical problems. As designers and developers, we build incredible hardware and software solutions that transcend a standalone product and transform an organization’s relationship with its customers.
Solstice is hiring an Android Developer on a contract basis!
You will be working on client-facing projects with Fortune 1000 companies in the mobile and enterprise software space. You will be given the opportunity to innovate using the latest mobile technology trends such as bluetooth LE (beacons), M2M and IoT, advanced physics and rendering engines, social media and collaboration platforms and many others. Solid communication skills, a servant leadership attitude, a love of learning and an analytical mind are a must.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Building enterprise Android (Java) mobile applications
- Gaining technical knowledge of software, hardware and open source technology stacks
- Helping evaluate emerging cross platform frameworks
- Partnering with top notch designers to create award winning user experiences
- Bridging the gap between elegant front end design and existing enterprise back end architectures
- Being mentored by more experienced mobile developers and architects to foster your career path and growth
- Mentoring others less experienced than you to foster their career path and growth
Your Profile Includes:
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science, Engineering or MIS/IT major preferred)
- Previous experience (professional or personal) with developing applications in Android
- Previous experience working with Java/J2EE
- Strong knowledge of core Java development and Object Oriented development
- Published apps a strong plus
- Strong programming background and familiarity with at least one additional Object Oriented language (i.e. either C#, Objective-C or C++)