Guaranteed Rate is changing the way people buy homes. In 2015, we introduced the Digital Mortgage SM solution, enabling people to get approved for a loan online in less than 30 minutes. With our low rates and dedication to customer success, we quickly became the eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the country.
Who we are:
Guaranteed Rate is not your typical company and certainly not your typical mortgage company. We are young, have tons of energy and our location rocks – right off the brown line. No really, the train rumbles past our windows. Our home base is an old textile building that’s been turned into a hip office with exposed brick and duct work, windows we can actually open during the summer and an open floor plan – no cubicle life here. There are a few offices, but we totally outnumber the office dwellers. The awesomeness doesn’t end there, we also have:
- Free 20 minute monthly massages. It’s true, we don’t want you to be a cramped-up mess.
- A free on-site nurse. Psshh who needs a doctor’s appointment when our nurse can do it all? Did we mention the free part?
- An in-house café offering breakfast, lunch and a late afternoon healthy snack. All meals are subsidized so you’ll never pay full price.
- Access to the office gym for only $20 a year – no really - the whole year. Oh and for a puny fee you can take yoga, Cross Fit or boxing. We like our folks healthy and happy.
- A 5,000 square foot rooftop deck that’s available to everyone all day and all evening with wifi, two bars, music, grills and fun umbrellas and fire pits – provided it’s not covered in snow.
- Holiday parties? We got’em! Not just major holidays, any holiday….Marti Gras, Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day, Opening Day, Boxing Day (for our Canadian employee), Sweetest Day, Groundhog Day, etc..
- Inter-office contests like the Great Mac-Off, Chili Cook-Off and limbo. We always keep you guessing and participating.
- 401k with some matching, Blue Cross health care coverage – yup, dental and vision too, short-term disability, life insurance – we got ya covered on this one, legal assistance – for a small monthly fee and did we mention the awesome rooftop deck?
While we don’t allow jeans, we also don’t allow suits. We want you to just look your best every day and you’ll fit right in.
Now for the specific details of the job here at Guaranteed Rate.
As a Compliance Associate, you will be responsible for ensuring the company is adversing files in a compliant manner in your daily quality assurance audits. In this position you will be using a knowledge of consumer lending regulations that includes but not limited to Fair Lending, ECOA, HMDA, TRID, etc. This work will require you to work companywide, contact other employees and departments to ensure they are provided and completing the necessary requirements for adversing files.
Additional Aspects of the job include:
- Actively follow up on the status of files to ensure they are being documented as moving forward or adverse said files if no timely response is provided
- Assist in daily and monthly audits such as requesting missing information for government monitoring for HMDA review and appraisal refund audit
- Process denial actions on files with low FICO scores on a daily basis
- Partake in daily adverse audit of all loans not adversed by the Adverse Action Help Team to ensure files have been adversed per ECOA guidelines Reg B and C
This job would be ideal for those just out of college looking to get their professional career started.
- BA/BS/BFA required
- 0 to 2 years experience
- Data Entry Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Outlook required
- Focused driven problem solver with strong analytical and comprehension skills
- Willing to learn required state and federal regulations in regards to daily job tasks
- Being Detailed oriented and a quick learner is key since there are daily new problems solve
- Ability to work in a team and individually, sometimes switching back and forth quickly throughout the day
- Proficiency in communicating via email and phone as necessary