Guaranteed Rate is changing the way people buy homes. In 2015, we introduced the Digital Mortgage SM solution, enabling people to get approved for a loan online in less than 30 minutes. With our low rates and dedication to customer success, we quickly became the eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the country.
Who is GR?Guaranteed Rate is not your typical company and certainly not your typical mortgage company. We are technology driven, have tons of energy
and we love what we do – great people and great products alongside our impeccable customer service (83 NPS, unheard of!). We’re in a River
North office with exposed brick and duct work, windows we can actually open during the summer. The awesomeness doesn’t end there, we also
- Holiday parties? We got’em! Not just major holidays, any holiday….Mardi Gras, Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day, Opening Day, Boxing Day (for our Canadian employee), Sweetest Day, Groundhog Day, etc..
- Game room, library and white board paint for collaboration – yeah, it’s awesome.
- Access to our free GR nurse practitioner. Psshh who needs a doctor’s appointment when our nurse can do it all? Did we mention the free part?
- 401k with some matching, Blue Cross health care coverage – yup, dental and vision too, short-term disability, life insurance – we got ya covered on this one, legal assistance – for a small monthly fee.
- Oh and did we mention you get a big fat employee discount on the origination fees to get a new mortgage or refinance thru Guaranteed Rate?
Guaranteed Rate, one of the largest and fastest growing independent mortgage companies in the U.S., is an industry leader in delivering low rate, low fee mortgages with unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago, we have more than 3,000 employees in over 170 offices nationwide. Guaranteed Rate is the 8th largest retail lender in the country and has recently been recognized in Inc. Magazine as a top private job creator and one of the fastest-growing private companies in the U.S.
Guaranteed Rate is working to reinvent the mortgage experience through innovation, technology and a relentless focus on providing industry-leading mortgage products and superlative customer service. The Compliance Officer is responsible for developing, implementing, testing and maintaining an effective compliance program to address all relevant regulatory requirements pertaining to Guaranteed Rate’s business and initiatives. Additionally, the Compliance Officer is responsible for Regulatory Exam and Audit Management. The Compliance Officer will work closely with the examination coordinator to ensure that Guaranteed Rate is well represented in examinations. The Compliance Officer is responsible for informing management of the status of examinations and managing findings through remedial action. The Compliance Officer will report directly to the Chief Compliance Officer.
A success candidate must have a track record of managing complex projects and will demonstrate the ability to creatively work with the appropriate stakeholders and partners to determine the most efficient and appropriate actions are undertaken. Candidates will be able to work independently while building relationships with team members and business partners.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Coordinate Regulatory Examination.
- Identify and escalate issues that arise through the examination or audit process.
- Track all audit or regulator requests carefully to ensure timely completion.
- Manage the distribution, communication, and tracking process for new or revised regulations for key industry changes (e.g. significant regulatory issues)
- Coordinate key periodic management reporting contributions.
- Coordinate annual compliance training plans and compliance training completion tracking and reporting.
- Manage the Adverse Action team in accordance with Regulation B.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Three or more years as consumer regulatory counsel for financial services providers, with an emphasis on residential mortgage lending and related mortgage activities.
- Intimate working knowledge of consumer laws and regulations impacting the mortgage business, including Truth-In-Lending and Regulation Z (including significant experience with loan originator compensation rules, TRID, Qualified Mortgage Rules and related matters, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act and Regulation B, Home Mortgage Disclosure Act, Fair Lending, Fair Credit Reporting Act, FACTA, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing (SAFE) Act, Privacy of Consumer Financial Information (Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act).
- 1+ year experience coordinating examination or audit request fulfillment.
- Demonstrated ability to cope with a rapidly changing regulatory in a leadership capacity.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish trusted partnerships with Executive and Senior Management.
- Flexibility and willingness to work with challenging timelines.
- Self-directed professional with attention to detail and excellent planning and prioritization skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Experience developing, implementing and monitoring a risk-based compliance program to assure compliance with federal, state, agency, legal and regulatory requirements or providing oversight to a compliance function
- Ability to present to decision makers in a professional and confident manner
- Ability to quickly establish credibility to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of project management principles: tracking deliverables and coordinating tasks and activities deliverables
- Experience identifying key issues, involve affected parties, design solutions, obtain buy-in, and communicate effectively through resolution
- Experience creating reports in response to management, audit, or regulatory requirements
- Ability to quickly and accurately execute tactical deliverables
- Bachelor’s Degree