What We Do:
Uptake is a Chicago-based predictive analytics SaaS platform provider that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for Uptake’s partners and a proven industrial grade software platform that delivers value to partners and their end customers.
What you’ll do:
As a Research Analyst, you will work closely with our Corporate Strategy and Sales Team to carry out qualitative and quantitative market research. You will collate relevant industry research, interpret data, perform analysis, and make recommendations based upon research findings.
You will support multiple projects simultaneously, need to be self-motivated and enjoy strategic thinking and content creation. Strong writing skills, attention to detail and an eye for quality is crucial. This is a highly collaborative role and critical to Uptake's success. You’ll have the opportunity to gain senior executive exposure across a variety of industries.
- Primary and secondary research to gather insight across industries and competitors
- Synthesize research to support Corporate Strategy, Sales, Marketing, the Leadership Team
- Analyze data and recommend specific actions based on findings
- Examine and analyze statistical data to forecast future trends
- Present synthesized research reports, excel models, powerpoints and graphic illustrations of findings
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience doing industry research, completing competitive landscaping and comparisons, and building presentations
- 1 to 4 years of relevant work experience, preferably in market research, consulting, corporate development, banking.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical ability, along with excellent business judgment
- Experience interacting with senior audiences and executives
- Strong project management skills, including a proven ability to think through all aspects of the process, manage long-term projects and multitask
- Driven self-starter with a passion for excellence and an ability to work under minimal supervision
- Superb interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to build relationships successfully across teams
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Powerpoint is required