What we do:
Uptake harnesses the power of underutilized data to empower businesses to make informed decisions. We partner with industry leaders to build a predictive analytics software platform that grows smarter in one industry because of what we learn in another. The result is a powerful platform that identifies problems before they happen, ultimately saving money, time and lives.
What you’ll do:
As a Data Insights Analyst in Uptake’s Product Strategy group, you will help define how Uptake uses data to tell stories, motivate action, and drive value. You will explore a wide variety of data sources, mining them for insights, and devising innovative ways to bring them to life through visualizations and interactions. Your work will directly influence our product direction and ensure that we are always pushing the envelope on what’s possible in creative and insightful data visualization.
- Learn about Uptake partner industries in order to better understand their data and their day-to-day challenges that may be solved through data
- Explore different data sources, from high-level financial data, to super high-frequency telematics data
- Perform data analysis and light data science to uncover trends and insights
- Communicate insights to Uptake stakeholders through both traditional and innovative presentation media, including infographics, interactive tools, prototypes, etc.
- Help develop a forward-looking data visualization toolkit and prototype library
- Collaborate with UX and interaction designers to incorporate state-of-the-art data visualizations into all of Uptake’s offerings
- Stay on top of new techniques and tools for data analysis and visualization, and be prepared to train new hires as the team grows
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university in a combination of technical/quantitative and design-oriented fields
- 2-7 years of relevant work or academic experience data analytics, design, data science or related field
- Experience with data analysis and visualization tools like R, Python, d3.js, Processing – and a deep desire to become an absolute expert at using them
- Experience using design and prototyping tools like Axure and Adobe Illustrator is a plus
Please share your portfolio with us! We would love to see it.