What We Do:
Uptake is a Chicago-based predictive analytics SaaS platform provider that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for Uptake’s partners and a proven industrial grade software platform that delivers value to partners and their end customers.
What You’ll Do:
Enterprise Analytics at Uptake is a data-driven, decision-support mechanism that helps with everything from optimizing employee’s day-to-day, to operationalizing high-priority initiatives, and streamlining cross-functional alignment. As a developer on this team you will help define how Uptake uses data to tell stories, motivate action, and drive value. You will explore a wide variety of data sources, mining them for insights, and devising innovative ways to bring them to life through visualizations and interactions. You will work to build tools that optimize and visualize the data that Uptake uses on a daily basis.
- Solve complex business problems using cutting-edge tools and frameworks
- Explore different data sources, from high-level financial data, to super high-frequency telematics data
- Perform data analysis and light data science to uncover trends and insights
- Communicate insights to Uptake stakeholders through both traditional and innovative presentation media, including infographics, interactive tools, prototypes, etc.
- Help develop a forward-looking data visualization toolkit and prototype library
- Stay on top of new techniques and tools for data analysis and visualization, and be prepared to train new hires as the team grows
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 2-6+ years of experience programming in a modern object-oriented programming language
- Outstanding programming and problem-solving skills
- Solid object-oriented programming and design skills
- In-depth knowledge of browser technologies
- Curiosity and an eagerness to learn in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS
- Ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans
- Prior success in managing multiple projects
- Ability to work quickly and collaboratively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- High energy, positive team player that works well with others
- Experience using design and prototyping tools like Adobe Illustrator, a plus
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools and software, like Domo, a plus
- Please share your portfolio with us! We would love to see it.