What we do:
Uptake harnesses the power of underutilized data to empower businesses to make informed decisions. We partner with industry leaders to build a predictive analytics software platform that grows smarter in one industry because of what we learn in another. The result is a powerful platform that identifies problems before they happen, ultimately saving money, time and lives.What you’ll be doing:
We are looking for a data visualization expert to manage a new blog for Uptake and ensure we are utilizing data visualization best practices across the organization. The role will involve developing data visualizations, drafting short stories, and publishing on a weekly basis. Additionally, this individual will work with technical leadership from across the organization on best practice guides and review of key work.
You will work with the beyond.uptake team to create an editorial calendar and share stories that help demonstrate Uptake’s leadership in the data science and data for good communities. You will also have freedom to chase down the stories and opportunities you find compelling.What skills you need:
- We are looking for someone who can develop creative, compelling data visualizations and stories
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to work on deadline
- Experience with data analysis and visualization tools like R, Python, d3.js, Processing – and a deep desire to tell the stories behind the data
- Previously experience in a data intensive organization
- Experience using design and prototyping tools like Axure and Adobe Illustrator is a plus
Please share your portfolio with us! We would love to see it.