Brad’s Deals is looking for a sharp-eyed, creative student or designer at the beginning of their career to join our team as a design intern. In this role, you’ll work independently to create supporting visuals for our on-site shopping guides & internal promotions, email campaigns, and social media channels; you’ll also have the opportunity to collaborate on visual designs for the web as part of a prototyping team. Also, if anyone wants a PowerPoint, you will probably have to make the PowerPoint. Thankfully people rarely want PowerPoints.
This position would work out of our Chicago (River North) office and would be asked to work 3-4 days per week for a 3-month gig (with potential to extend). Oh, and this internship is paid.
- Produce image assets for web, email, & social media channels
- Create print materials as necessary for sales collateral and intra-office communication
- Ideate & develop visual designs for the Brad’s Deals website
- Collaborate with other visual designers, UX designers, and front-end developers to concept and develop designs for the web
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (ok, more like just Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign; there will not be a quiz on Project Felix)
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn UI design & prototyping tools like Sketch
- Strong eye for design, passion for typography a plus
- Ability to meet deadlines & work both independently and collaboratively
- Online portfolio showcasing your strongest work
Shop Smart, one of Forbes’ 100 Most Promising Companies and a 101 Chicago Best and Brightest Organization, publishes deals and coupons from national retailers across a network of sites. The flagship, Brad’s Deals, is the largest editorial-driven deal site with over 5m monthly unique visitors.
Launched in 2002, the rapidly growing company has changed the way millions of consumers shop and is a leader in our space and in the Chicago technology community. We have relationships with over 2,500 top retailers (Amazon, Target, Dell, etc.), exposure to over 50M consumers a year and a consistent national media presence (USA Today, Today Show, WSJ, MSNBC).
The job is entrepreneurial, evolving and fun in a flexible and informal environment but requires top-tier work and dedication. The company is headquartered in Chicago’s River North neighborhood blocks from the highway and several train stations. The option of working from home, virtually, may be possible at times.