What we do:
Uptake harnesses the power of underutilized data to empower businesses to make informed decisions. We partner with industry leaders to build a predictive analytics software platform that grows smarter in one industry because of what we learn in another. The result is a powerful platform that identifies problems before they happen, ultimately saving money, time and lives.
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain our Developer Portal
- Work with external engineers to coach/mentor them in using our APIs to achieve their goals
- Work with internal engineers to achieve coherent and consistent APIs
- Build developer tools to help discover, connect, and profile APIs
- Get up-to-speed quickly on new business use-cases and technology stacks
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- In-depth knowledge of REST and Websocket API patterns and practices
- Experience working with and customizing the behavior of a content management system such as Drupal, Joomla, or Wordpress
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS
- Experience in Java and/or Scala
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Graylog, Splunk, Grafana
- Experience with message brokers such as Kafka, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, or others
If you think you would be a good fit for this role, and are interested in joining the best engineering team in Chicago, please provide your resume with a cover letter.