We exist to help you enjoy the moments most important to you and yours by inspiring satisfying, stress-free meals fit for the way you live. We use the power of cooking to bring people together as the cornerstone of realizing each person’s full potential–in the home and in life.
Part of Berkshire Hathaway, Pampered Chef is the premier direct seller of high-quality kitchen tools. At cooking shows, our independent consultants help guests use our unique products to prepare simple and delicious recipes while sharing tips and techniques to make everyday cooking easier and faster.
Whether the cook in the kitchen is a future Emeril or a toddler helping to make chocolate chip cookies, (licking the spoon), chances are Pampered Chef has a better, faster, and more delicious way of getting things done in the kitchen. We sell our superior quality, innovative collection of prepping, cooking and serving products through a network of over 42,000 direct sales consultants throughout the US, Canada and Germany. Millions of customers use our products every day. Each of our 450 HQ coworkers from product designers, supply chain specialists to ecommerce developers are committed to bringing the best to our customers. And have fun doing it!
Established in 1980 by Doris Christopher, Pampered Chef was acquired by Berkshire Hathaway in 2002, a sure sign of our growth potential. In 2014, Tracy Britt Cool, a key member of Warren Buffett’s team, joined as our CEO to lead our transformation into a progressive, open door, cutting edge workplace. We believe happy coworkers are the best coworkers and are committed to keeping creativity, innovative solutions and customer engagement top of mind. Pampered Chef is pushing the boundaries for our customers, consultants, and coworkers.MAIN COURSE (Job Responsibilities):
We are looking for a creative and data-driven digital content editorial and publishing leader to bring the Pampered Chef brand to life across our digital channels. In this role, you’ll work with a variety of internal business partners to redefine the process for creating, editing, and delivering high-impact campaigns and content across multiple digital channels to our target audiences, support online demand generation programs, and ensure high-impact and consistent digital marketing across Pampered Chef’s online properties.
Your performance will be measured by online merchandising and content effectiveness and continuity, and your ability to lead and partner with a high-performing, cross-functional team. This position requires someone who has deep digital writing, editorial, and publishing experience, impressive messaging and communication skills, a refusal to settle, innovative mindset, and an approach of starting with the customer and working backward. If you have what it takes to join the Pampered Chef marketing team, you’ll work among world-class talent in a fast-paced, rapidly growing and evolving environment.
Specifically, this position is responsible for:
- Developing and managing digital editorial strategy and calendar, in collaboration with communication and content managers.
- Defining processes and tools for delivering relevant and personalized digital content to our key audiences.
- Driving editorial standards and guidelines, and developing training programs for key stakeholders.
- Developing and maintaining a rolling 12-month global editorial calendar for events, product launches, and campaigns.
- Providing editorial direction across multiple communication channels to ensure relevant, consistent, and personalized communications with each of our audiences.
- Managing workflow processes to ensure on-brand content.
- Ensuring digital content across sites is compelling, consistent, and up-to-date through the daily editorial management process.
- Driving improvements based upon website satisfaction and visitor surveys.
- Leveraging information and analytics to make informed business decisions and editorial and communication improvements.
- BA in journalism, communications, or related degree. MBA preferred.
- 5+ years web writing, editing, and publishing experience, including business-to-consumer and business-to-business experience.
- 3+ years team-management experience, including experience managing freelance contractors.
- Direct-marketing experience a plus.
- Experience managing digital experiences across multiple, diverse countries.
- Experience in leading the management of innovative, demand-generating business-to-consumer and business-to-business websites.
- Ability to work with internal and external teams to deploy and manage emerging applications and content, such as blogs, promotional campaigns, etc.
- Demonstrated project management skills and proven ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent copyediting and fact-checking skills, along with consistent attention to detail, a polished writing style and proven communication skills.
- Strong leader, but willing to roll up sleeves to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to think strategically and suggest creative solutions.
- Proactive approach to problem identification and solving.
- Working knowledge of HTML or content management systems.
DESSERT (The Sweet Rewards of Working at Pampered Chef!)
Our core values are respect, humility, accountability, meritocracy, integrity, authenticity, passion, and innovation (in no particular order!). We embody those values in our work, but also in the great desserts we offer to our coworkers.
- Each and every coworker makes a difference every day by asking tough questions, finding the answers, and then making it happen—our entrepreneurial employees are the key to our success! Pampered Chef is big enough to implement cutting-edge technology, and small enough for all ideas to be heard and challenged.
- We are a learning focused environment—we want you to learn from us, and we expect to learn from you and what you’re passionate about! We even provide training and development for added brainpower.
- We get to mix it up! PC has offices in Addison and in downtown Chicago. Some of our roles will have the opportunity to work in the Chicago office full time, part time, or on occasion.
- We collaborate every day in a high-tech space with writable walls, open collaboration zones, quiet “I need to contemplate” zones, and fun zones with ping pong, basketball, and bags, of course. No boring cubicle farms here!
- We are concerned about your physical and financial well-being and offer BC/BS PPO or HMO health plans, dental, disability, matched 401K, life insurance, on-site fitness center, comfy chairs, on-site cafeteria, and dry cleaning valet service.
- Most importantly, Pampered Chef has a strong, proven history of bringing fun to cooking, creativity to recipes, and sharing to family and friends around the table.