We exist to help you enjoy the moments most important to you and yours by inspiring satisfying, stress-free meals fit for the way you live. We use the power of cooking to bring people together as the cornerstone of realizing each person’s full potential–in the home and in life.
Part of Berkshire Hathaway, Pampered Chef is the premier direct seller of high-quality kitchen tools. At cooking shows, our independent consultants help guests use our unique products to prepare simple and delicious recipes while sharing tips and techniques to make everyday cooking easier and faster.
Whether the cook in the kitchen is a future Emeril or a toddler helping to make chocolate chip cookies, (licking the spoon), chances are Pampered Chef has a better, faster, and more delicious way of getting things done in the kitchen. We sell our superior quality, innovative collection of prepping, cooking and serving products through a network of over 42,000 direct sales consultants throughout the US, Canada and Germany. Millions of customers use our products every day. Each of our 450 HQ coworkers from product designers, supply chain specialists to ecommerce developers are committed to bringing the best to our customers. And have fun doing it!
Established in 1980 by Doris Christopher, Pampered Chef was acquired by Berkshire Hathaway in 2002, a sure sign of our growth potential. In 2014, Tracy Britt Cool, a key member of Warren Buffett’s team, joined as our CEO to lead our transformation into a progressive, open door, cutting edge workplace. We believe happy coworkers are the best coworkers and are committed to keeping creativity, innovative solutions and customer engagement top of mind. Pampered Chef is pushing the boundaries for our customers, consultants, and coworkers.MAIN COURSE (Job Responsibilities):
We are looking for a customer-centric, passionate, and creative digital-experience expert who will lead the development of best-in-class, end-to-end digital experiences focused on delighting and inspiring our consumers and consultants across their lifecycle. This is a hands-on leadership role that will require both strategic thinking and execution, and will take our digital experiences to a new level of excellence. In this role, you’ll ensure the readiness of all projects and initiatives, and work cross-functionally with business owners and technology to ensure roadmap alignment prior to, during, and after project launch. With consumer and channel level support, this position provides requirements and oversight for updates to launch all marketing initiatives.
Specifically, this position is responsible for:
- Partnering with key business stakeholders and technology to rapidly evolve Pampered Chef’s websites and mobile digital experiences to support the achievement of consumer and consultant goals.
- Translating consumer and consultant goals and marketing objectives into leading-edge digital strategies and experience requirements.
- Leading the design and execution of insight-driven digital strategies, user personas, use cases, and journey maps to inform end-to-end digital experience design and development.
- Partnering with the technology team to leverage a thorough understanding of digital trends and technology to drive digital strategies.
- Partnering with the technology team to ensure the use of best practices and consistency across our digital platforms by leadingimprovements that enhance user experience based on research, usability principles, and established standards.
- Tracking consumer digital and social evolution to identify relevant innovations that can be applied to Pampered Chef’s digital experiences.
- Partnering within program management, technical, and operational teams to define and provide execution oversight for key initiatives.
- Partnering with technology to lead digital experience agency and vendor selection, guidance, issue resolution, and performance evaluation.
- Integrating website analytics, user research, and persona definitions to inform strategy, roadmap, and design.
- Providing consultation and recommendations to business partners as to how to leverage digital experiences to achieve business, marketing, and communication objectives.
- Developing business cases that support the vision and strategy, and selling those into executive management teams.
- Managing governance process with key business stakeholders to ensure tight alignment between web strategy, business objectives, and program roadmaps across functions.
- Providing regular status reports and briefings to key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum. MBA a plus. Academic background in marketing, business, technology, or related field.
- 5+ years digital experience leading web and mobile experience strategy and evolution, with a strong emphasis on digital and user experience design.
- Extensive experience leading the development of actionable user personas, digital journey maps and use cases, and requirements.
- Experience leading the development of innovative and personalized digital experiences based upon context, behavior, and profiles.
- Experience with a variety of UX methods and techniques, such as interaction design, information architecture, usability, user research, and information design.
- Experience leveraging research and analytics to improve digital experiences and the achievement of business results.
- Digital agency and budget management experience.
- Understanding and experience with the Design Thinking approach to solution design a plus.
- Proven ability to manage complex projects and deliver results in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills with the ability to manage and work with cross-functional teams.
- Retail industry experience is a plus.
DESSERT (The Sweet Rewards of Working at Pampered Chef!)
Our core values are respect, humility, accountability, meritocracy, integrity, authenticity, passion, and innovation (in no particular order!). We embody those values in our work, but also in the great desserts we offer to our coworkers.
- Each and every coworker makes a difference every day by asking tough questions, finding the answers, and then making it happen—our entrepreneurial employees are the key to our success! Pampered Chef is big enough to implement cutting-edge technology, and small enough for all ideas to be heard and challenged.
- We are a learning focused environment—we want you to learn from us, and we expect to learn from you and what you’re passionate about! We even provide training and development for added brainpower.
- We get to mix it up! PC has offices in Addison and in downtown Chicago. Some of our roles will have the opportunity to work in the Chicago office full time, part time, or on occasion.
- We collaborate every day in a high-tech space with writable walls, open collaboration zones, quiet “I need to contemplate” zones, and fun zones with ping pong, basketball, and bags, of course. No boring cubicle farms here!
- We are concerned about your physical and financial well-being and offer BC/BS PPO or HMO health plans, dental, disability, matched 401K, life insurance, on-site fitness center, comfy chairs, on-site cafeteria, and dry cleaning valet service.
- Most importantly, Pampered Chef has a strong, proven history of bringing fun to cooking, creativity to recipes, and sharing to family and friends around the table.