Signal is the global leader in real-time people-based marketing. The Signal Platform offers one integrated tool to collect data from any offline or online source, create a persistent cross-channel identity graph, and match, onboard and segment rich audiences for always-on marketing and media activation. With the Signal Platform, brands and publishers have immediate knowledge of buyers, own their always-on cross-channel identity graph, and can simply and quickly engage consumers within minutes of recognition, while they are still in market. With Signal’s Platform, brands can reach known people at scale for increased conversions, better customer experiences, and improved customer loyalty.
Signal’s technology runs on more than 45,000 digital properties in 158 countries. The platform facilitates billions of data requests monthly, supporting top brands around the world that generate more than $1.5 trillion in commerce, including Allstate, Audi, Crate & Barrel, DeVry University, GAP, JetBlue Airways, Macy’s, 1-800-Flowers.com, Starcom MediaVest Group, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, and many more.
Signal is looking for a Director of Content Marketing who eats, drinks and sleeps marketing technology to be the lead editor for all of the copy created in our department. We’re looking for somebody with branding savvy to help own our voice and tone; subject matter expertise to understand, simplify and fact check our content; and an eagle eye to keep us honest when it comes to grammar and style.
If your editing skills are second to none, and you’re passionate about the digital marketing and addressable media industries, keep reading.
So, what would you be doing?
- Become a subject matter expert on Signal’s products and services within the digital marketing and ad tech industries.
- Edit infographics, ebooks, bylined articles, sales collateral, white papers, product marketing copy, web copy, videos, etc. for style, brand voice, grammar
- Contribute to our editorial strategy, in close collaboration with our VP of Content and Communication
- Work with our content creators and graphic designers, including internal and freelance writers, to produce content that is well written and visually compelling
- Ensure all messaging is on brand, and tells the broader story of Signal as a company
- Fact check all copy for accurate messages and appropriate SEO linking
What do we need from you?
- 7+ years of experience creating and editing B2B content, some of which must be in the ad tech, addressable media, or digital marketing space.
- Work samples to demonstrate the above.
- An understanding of – and love for – the industry, and an enthusiasm for keeping on top of relevant news and trends.
- Experience managing a spectrum of content, including white papers, web copy, bylines, blogs, infographics, and more
- Previous ownership for digital content’s SEO and linking strategy
- Experience creating and managing editorial calendars.
- An eagle eye for detail and copy editing skill. Experience working within a style guide
- Fantastic people skills. You find satisfaction in collaborating with and helping others
- Experience prioritizing multiple, changing priorities, and the ability to operate with a sense of urgency.
Outside the obviousness of the job, like all Signalites you fall in love with new ideas, can’t stop learning, and are a pretty nice person on top of all of it. You get that even the most fun kind of work is work, consider putting in the hours an obvious necessity, and easily deal with change. You think well beyond what’s asked of you, live and breathe the minutiae of the work.
What’s in it for you:
You will work with others who value culture and treating one another like adults. To support this we offer a competitive salary/bonus with great benefits, like: unlimited PTO, 401k, laptop benefit, health/dental/vision, STD/LTD, snacks, parental leave, Hack Weeks, great colleagues.
How to apply:
Interested? Well, send your resume via the link below. The company and team we’re building is important to us, so include a note explaining what you’ve been doing and why you’d make a great addition to our team. Be yourself. We will only respond to people who meet qualifications and on whom we develop a professional crush.
Signal is the global leader in real-time, cross-channel, people-based marketing. The Signal Platform helps marketers collect data from any offline or online source, create an always-on cross-channel identity graph, and segment and activate rich audiences for marketing and media campaigns. The platform is ecosystem-neutral and makes data and marketing technologies work better together for increased engagement, loyalty and conversions.
Signal’s technology runs on 35,000 digital properties in 158 countries. The platform facilitates billions of requests monthly, supporting top brands that generate more than $1.5 trillion in commerce, including Allstate, Audi, Crate & Barrel, DeVry University, GAP, JetBlue Airways, Macy’s, 1-800-Flowers, StarcomMediaVest Group, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, and many more. Signal has been recognized with several awards and honors, including being named the third-fastest growing software company in the country, and the 51st-fastest growing company overall, on the 2015 Inc. 5000 list.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at Signal are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.