We exist to help you enjoy the moments most important to you and yours by inspiring satisfying, stress-free meals fit for the way you live. We use the power of cooking to bring people together as the cornerstone of realizing each person’s full potential–in the home and in life.
Part of Berkshire Hathaway, Pampered Chef is the premier direct seller of high-quality kitchen tools. At cooking shows, our independent consultants help guests use our unique products to prepare simple and delicious recipes while sharing tips and techniques to make everyday cooking easier and faster.
Whether the cook in the kitchen is a future Emeril or a toddler helping to make chocolate chip cookies, (licking the spoon), chances are Pampered Chef has a better, faster, and more delicious way of getting things done in the kitchen. We sell our superior quality, innovative collection of prepping, cooking and serving products through a network of over 42,000 direct sales consultants throughout the US, Canada and Germany. Millions of customers use our products every day. Each of our 450 HQ coworkers from product designers, supply chain specialists to ecommerce developers are committed to bringing the best to our customers. And have fun doing it!
Established in 1980 by Doris Christopher, Pampered Chef was acquired by Berkshire Hathaway in 2002, a sure sign of our growth potential. In 2014, Tracy Britt Cool, a key member of Warren Buffett’s team, joined as our CEO to lead our transformation into a progressive, open door, cutting edge workplace. We believe happy coworkers are the best coworkers and are committed to keeping creativity, innovative solutions and customer engagement top of mind. Pampered Chef is pushing the boundaries for our customers, consultants, and coworkers.MAIN COURSE (Job Responsibilities):
Our team creates, maintains, and evaluates programs and resources that our field and our customers use every day. We examine what works, what doesn’t, and strive to provide the best possible experience for our consultants and customers.
The Event Planner is part of the Meetings and Incentives team that creates and executes memorable incentive trips and meeting experiences for Pampered Chef independent sales consultants. They’ll manage significant aspects of events from strategy, production planning and pre-, during-, and post-event execution. The Event Planner reports to the Manager of Event Production and Strategy.
Incentive Travel and Meeting Planning
- Project manages with little direct supervision the assigned aspects of travel incentive program and company-sponsored meetings as assigned including, but not limited to, the following:
- Venue and site selection, event and program agendas, housing, meeting/event space usage and setup, audiovisual needs, food and beverage (menu planning, guarantees, etc.), air and ground transportation, on-site event execution, vendor selection, RFPs and bids, post-event reporting and feedback.
- Provides direction on team assignments for events.
- Acts as a liaison between the Home Office staff and external vendors to coordinate meeting needs. Actively participates in on-site coordination by traveling to assigned events and assuming the lead role as required.
- Negotiates meeting contracts, and manages budget and key dates such as attrition, deposits, cancellations, invoices and mailing. Reviews invoices and monitors budget and reports.
- Collaborates with and helps to develop department coworkers, including Coordinators and Assistants.
Pampered Chef National Conference
- Coordinates schedules, timelines, and meetings with all key players regarding all things General Session for National Conference.
- Manages all vendor professional service agreements and contracts and billing for General Session needs and expenses.
- Manages the run-of-show updates and coordination of all on-site schedules (hair and makeup, rehearsals, crew breaks and meals) for National Conference.
- On-site management of all backstage production operations at General Sessions.
- Manage pre-event and on-site needs for Berkshire Hathaway Annual Shareholder Meeting. Duties include booth design work, travel arrangements, and product sales.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 2+ years professional meeting experience/event planning experience (1,500+ attendees preferred) and large-scale event production.
- Proficient in using the internet to conduct research, event administration and procurement, as well as with the latest versions of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Innovative and resourceful; actively seeks opportunities to improve meetings, conferences, and events.
- Experienced at contract negotiating and building partnerships with vendors as well as knowledge of creation and execution of RFP process.
- Strong budget management skills (prefer experience with $500k+ event budgets).
- Highly self-motivated and directed with experience working in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- High energy, positive, professional, and calm attitude under rapidly changing circumstances, pride in work product, superior attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Great team member: willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to help your colleagues when needed.
- Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) preferred.