Paro is an exclusive network of the very best on-demand financial professionals. Paro matches businesses with highly vetted financial analysts, CFOs, CPAs, and bookkeepers who have the domain expertise to tackle company-specific problems. Only the top 10% of finance freelancers make it through our screening process.
PARO is an expert network of the top 10% of financial talent, including: CFOs, FP&A Analysts, CPAs, and bookkeepers who are highly vetted and have a proven background to handle a variety of clients. We make managing business's finances easier and smarter for small to medium size companies. We handle companies' accounting and bookkeeping needs, but go above and beyond traditional accountant / bookkeeper services by providing CEOs and founders with insight into their business's financial health through financial analysts and part-time CFOs.
You would be working as a Freelancer (1099 contractor) for a fast-growing, new Chicago-based company. As a freelancer you'll have a unique opportunity to choose your own hours and can work from anywhere. You can pick from our selection of competitive-rated projects and choose the ones that you are interested and want to work on. Additionally, you have the option of taking both ongoing and one-time projects. We help find all the clients and clearly define the expectations and budgets on all the projects before they get to you. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Work in tandem with an in-house Paro accountant or another Paro freelancer
- Maintain subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions
- Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries
- Maintains historical records by filing documents
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Must be highly skilled in QuickBooks Online and be a certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
- Must be highly skilled in Microsoft Excel
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Must have the ability to work independently without guidance.
- Must have the utmost integrity and understanding of confidentiality.
- Must have a pleasant, professional demeanor in person and on the phone.
- Accounting degree a plus.