Paro is an exclusive network of the very best on-demand financial professionals. Paro matches businesses with highly vetted financial analysts, CFOs, CPAs, and bookkeepers who have the domain expertise to tackle company-specific problems. Only the top 10% of finance freelancers make it through our screening process.
You would be working as a Freelancer (1099 contractor) for a fast-growing, new Chicago-based company. As a freelancer you'll have a unique opportunity to choose your own hours and can work from anywhere. You can pick from our selection of competitive-rated projects and choose the ones that you are interested and want to work on. Additionally, you have the option of taking both ongoing and one-time projects. We help find all the clients and clearly define the expectations and budgets on all the projects before they get to you. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Supervision of Financial Analyst(s)
- Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis
- Quarterly and Monthly Financial reports
- Implement and work with a Business Intelligence Tool and Dashboard reports
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and understand ROI in marketing programs, pricing, as well as new projects
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Supporting Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis
- Prepare presentations for Board of Directors and Senior Management Team
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA highly preferred
- 5+ years experience as Financial Analysis, Business Analyst or FP&A
- Experience in multiple industries and different business sizes preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- A high level of comfort with technology is required.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Must have client-facing experience.
- Ability to prepare and present reports, forecasts, trends, and actionable insights to our clients and partners using Excel and PowerPoint.
- Detail-oriented self-starter with experience working on multiple projects in parallel and strong follow through
- Strategy-minded and strong problem-solving skills
- Hardworking, motivated, ambitious, and organized
- Dynamic and energetic