What We Do:
Uptake is a Chicago-based predictive analytics SaaS platform provider that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for Uptake’s partners and a proven industrial grade software platform that delivers value to partners and their end customers.
What You'll Do:
As a Front End Software Engineer, you’d work collaboratively in an Agile environment with other front end engineers and product designers to breathe life into our platform’s user interfaces.
- Solve complex business problems using cutting edge tools and frameworks
- Collaborate with our User Experience team to create and implement product design
- Build efficient and reusable components that can be used throughout our applications
- Perform code reviews to help ensure code quality across the entire company
- Create unit and functional tests
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- In-depth knowledge of browser technologies
- Curiosity and an eagerness to learn in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Experience with version control in a production environment
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS
These are skills that we value but are not required for this role:
- Experience with Angular, React, Redux, Immutable.js, Rx.js, Node.js or equivalent
- Experience working with Karma, Jasmine, Mocha or Protractor frameworks
- Experience with developer toolchains, such as node, npm, Grunt, Gulp or Webpack
- Experience with Git
If you think you would be a good fit for this role, and are interested in joining the best engineering team in Chicago, please provide your resume with a cover letter.