Civis Analytics is building a data-driven world.
We are building cloud-based products to help organizations do data science better and easier. We create technologies that empower organizations to unlock the truth hiding in their own data—transforming them into smart organizations that are ready to thrive.
We're solving the world's biggest problems with big data. Through research, experimentation, and iteration, we’re transforming how organizations do analytics.
While our history is rooted in political campaign targeting, we’re now partnering with intelligent organizations in healthcare, media, education, and a range of other domains.
We are a community of engineers, data scientists, and statisticians, and are looking to add to our growing team. We are smart, fun, and a little bit weird. Does this sound like you?
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, engineering or a related field or commensurate technical work experience
- 2+ years experience as a software developer/engineer
- Experience with modern front end frameworks (we use Angular and React)
- Enthusiasm for working cross functionally with designers and product managers often in design sprints
- Comfort working with HTML/CSS/JS
- Love of problem-solving
- An ability and eagerness to constantly learn and teach others
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or related subject
- Front end testing frameworks
- Optimizing client-side performance
- User Experience or visual design
- Data visualization for the web (D3 or similar)
- Comfort with Ruby or Python and related web frameworks (Rails or Django)
- Developing large web applications
- Political technology and data