Guaranteed Rate is changing the way people buy homes. In 2015, we introduced the Digital Mortgage SM solution, enabling people to get approved for a loan online in less than 30 minutes. With our low rates and dedication to customer success, we quickly became the eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the country.
Who we are:
Guaranteed Rate is one of the ten largest retail mortgage lenders in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 3,100 employees in 175 offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $65 billion in home purchase loans and refinances since 2000.
Guaranteed Rate is not your typical company and certainly not your typical mortgage company. We are young, have tons of energy and our location rocks – right off the brown line. No really, the train rumbles past our windows. Our home base is an old textile building that’s been turned into a hip office with exposed brick and duct work, windows we can actually open during the summer and an open floor plan – no cubicle life here. There are a few offices, but we totally outnumber the office dwellers. The awesomeness doesn’t end there, we also have:
- Free 20 minute monthly massages. It’s true, we don’t want you to be a cramped-up mess.
- A free on-site nurse. Psshh who needs a doctor’s appointment when our nurse can do it all? Did we mention the free part?
- An in-house café offering breakfast, lunch and a late afternoon healthy snack. All meals are subsidized so you’ll never pay full price.
- Access to the office gym for only $20 a year – no really - the whole year. Oh and for a puny fee you can take yoga, Cross Fit or boxing. We like our folks healthy and happy.
- A 5,000 square foot rooftop deck that’s available to everyone all day and all evening with wifi, two bars, music, grills and fun umbrellas and fire pits – provided it’s not covered in snow.
- Holiday parties? We got’em! Not just major holidays, any holiday….Marti Gras, Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day, Opening Day, Boxing Day (for our Canadian employee), Sweetest Day, Groundhog Day, etc..
- Inter-office contests like the Great Mac-Off, Chili Cook-Off and limbo. We always keep you guessing and participating.
- 401k with some matching, Blue Cross health care coverage – yup, dental and vision too, short-term disability, life insurance – we got ya covered on this one, legal assistance – for a small monthly fee and did we mention the awesome rooftop deck?
While we don’t allow jeans, we also don’t allow suits. We want you to just look your best every day and you’ll fit right in.
As an integral member of the Gateless team, the Graphic Designer is responsible for prioritizing, designing and executing projects in support of business development mission. Our ideal candidate comes with strong design and digital experience and has an understanding of general marketing practices. You must be interested in developing and learning new techniques to provide unique solutions for our internal and external clients. Deliver accurate and creative work on time.
The Graphic Designer reports directly to the Director of Content Strategy & Development.
Proficient with the Adobe Creative Cloud (PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effect & Premier), Flipping Book & Newsweaver.
- Design various collateral and templates including national and property marketing materials, property flyers, e-blasts, case studies, research reports, and presentation graphics
- Manage public web site images and intranet content
- Creating e-mail marketing campaign templates, infographics, and graphs
- Bring creativity and innovation to existing marketing practices and materials.
- Assist with video creation, as needed providing graphics that help advance the story
- Ensure that all marketing materials consistently present the Gateless brand
- Create Gateless style guide for images, graphics and creative
- Help maintain retail image library
- Ad design and website graphic support, as needed
- Keep up-to-date on current design methodologies and marketing trends
- Magazine layout and production skills required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s /Associate’s degree in related field
- Minimum three years of design experience in a corporate setting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) FlippingBook & and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of HTML/ CSS
- Knowledge of animation/video experience, a plus
- Flash (Actionscript 2.0 / 3.0), After Effects, a plus
- Knowledge of Dreamweaver, a plus
- Knowledge of the print production process
- Strong digital, art design and copy editing skillset
- Strong project management and organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including editing and proofreading
- Assertive, creative, independent work style and friendly, positive demeanor
- Create imaginative web graphics, CTAs and HTML.
- Design background with demonstrated samples of work experience creating corporate identity and brand messaging; detailed understanding of presentation, layout, composition, color, typography and readability preferred.
- Knowledge of traditional (print) and electronic (web) environments
Position Requirements: Education, Knowledge, Training, Experience, Licenses, Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, graphic arts / visual communication, or equivalent.
- Must provide links to portfolio for review
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Ability to effectively manage projects, including establishing timelines
- Performs pre-production activities including gathering of elements, assessing overall merchandise assortment as well as ad space requirements.
- Performs some basic post-production activities including archiving final files, etc.
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.