Recognized as a “Leader” in Gartner’s 2015 E-Discovery Magic Quadrant, kCura are the developers of the e-discovery software Relativity. Relativity has more than 140,000 active users in more than 40 countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice and more than 190 of the Am Law 200. kCura helps corporations, law firms, and government agencies—numbering more than 10,000 organizations—meet unstructured data challenges by installing Relativity on-premises and providing hosted, on-demand solutions through a global network of partners. kCura has been named one of Chicago's Top Workplaces by the Chicago Tribune for five consecutive years. Please contact kCura at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.kcura.com for more information.
kCura is a global company with team members who are driven by our customers to build exceptional software for them to use every day. Our product, called Relativity, handles large volumes of data and helps corporations, law firms, and government agencies solve their own unique data problems.
The way we work together is centered on our core values of collaborating, communicating, pushing to exceed expectations (even our own), being humble, and having fun while we do it. We enjoy ourselves, give back, and work (and play) hard together. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
As a Government Account Manager, you will be responsible for building relationships with Federal government organizations and articulating how kCura's software can add value to their organization. This position will have a direct impact on the growth of kCura’s government business. The Government Account Manager works under the general direction of managers and senior team members.Responsibilities
• Work closely with the Government support and account management team to define and execute sales plans for the government sector
• Meet or exceed sales quota through prospecting, qualifying, managing, and closing sales opportunities within a defined territory
• Perform product demonstrations
• Manage and expand kCura’s relationship with government agencies that aren’t working with kCura/Relativity directly
• Coordinate resources throughout the entire sales cycle
• Manage and document the details of the sales cycle in Salesforce.com and provide regular updates of your pipeline to sales leadership
• Work with the entire sales team to share ideas and foster an open and collaborative environment
• BA/BS in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related discipline, or at least five years of quota carrying sales and account management experience (legal technology and/or government experience is a plus)
• Consistent overachievement of sales goals
• Strong business acumen, including knowledge of ROI and TCO principles
• Record of success in generating net new business
• Excellent communication skills
• Curiosity and ability to ask great questions
• Willingness to travel 35% of the time
Our software has more than 130,000 active users in more than 40 countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice and more than 190 of the Am Law 200. We have grown significantly over the last several years and continue striving to build software that helps solve our customers’ toughest e-discovery and unstructured data challenges.
If you’re ready to grow with us, we’d love to hear from you.