Software Engineer—Mobile Android
What we do:
Uptake is a Chicago-based predictive analytics SaaS platform provider that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for Uptake’s partners and a proven industrial grade software platform that delivers value to partners and their end customers.
About the role:
As a Software Engineer—Mobile Android, you’ll help build applications that leverage Uptakes analytics platform. Software Engineers are encouraged to work with, and experiment with, cutting-edge technologies in the fields of distributed systems, data ingestion and mapping, and machine learning, to name a few. We strongly promote innovation and collaboration throughout our engineering team, and are committed to helping Software Engineers find the perfect balance of productivity and personal growth.
As a Software Engineer—Mobile Android, your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop native/hybrid Android applications for one of the fastest growing startups
- Interface with the creative team, project managers and other internal teams
- Incorporate feedback from senior members of the team into daily workflow
- Maintain open communications on current project status, risks and challenges
- 2+ years demonstrated technical strengths in Java & Android SDK.
- Advanced software design skills, including object-oriented design and design patterns
- Experience developing Unit testing in Android Studio
- Experience integrating with test automation suites like Appium or Expresso
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Experience in Agile environment, e.g. Jira, Jira Agile and Scrum
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work quickly and collaboratively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong passion for technology and building great mobile apps
We value these qualities, but they’re not required for this role:
- Experience as an open source contributor
- Experience with data modeling
- Expertise in hybrid frameworks that include backbone and angular
- Experience with CI using Bitrise/Greenhouse
- Experience with distributed messaging services, preferably Kafka
- Experience with Reactive and/or Functional programming
If you think you would be a good fit for this role, and are interested in joining the best engineering team in Chicago, please provide your resume and a cover letter.