Guaranteed Rate is changing the way people buy homes. In 2015, we introduced the Digital Mortgage SM solution, enabling people to get approved for a loan online in less than 30 minutes. With our low rates and dedication to customer success, we quickly became the eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the country.
Guaranteed Rate is looking for a National Events Coordinator. You’re a multi-tasking, detail oriented professional who can execute any project from start to finish without missing a beat. There’s lots to do around here and you love getting the job done right - the bar is set high and you like it that way. You have exceptional communication and time management skills, like to think outside the box, and thrive in a fast paced environment.
Who is GR?
Guaranteed Rate is not your typical company and certainly not your typical mortgage company. We are young, have tons of energy and we love what we do – get people great priced mortgages and wow them with our impeccable customer service. Also, our location rocks – right off the brown line. Our home base is an old textile building that’s been turned into a hip office with exposed brick and duct work, windows we can actually open during the summer and an open floor plan – no cubicle life here. The awesomeness doesn’t end there, we also have:
- Free 20 minute monthly massages. It’s true, we don’t want you to be a cramped-up mess.
- A free on-site nurse. Who needs a doctor’s appointment when our nurse can do it all?
- An in-house café offering breakfast, lunch and a late afternoon healthy snack. All meals are subsidized so you’ll never pay full price.
- Access to the office gym for only $25 a year – no really - the whole year. Oh and for a puny fee you can take yoga, Cross Fit or boxing. We like our folks healthy and happy.
- A 5,000 square foot rooftop deck that’s available to everyone all day with wifi, two bars, music, grills, fun umbrellas and fire pits – provided it’s not covered in snow.
- Holiday parties? We got’em! Not just major holidays, any holiday….Marti Gras, Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day, Opening Day, Boxing Day (for our Canadian employee), Sweetest Day, Groundhog Day, etc.. And you’ll play a role in making the fun happen!
- 401k with some matching, Blue Cross health care coverage – yup, dental and vision too, short-term disability, life insurance – we got ya covered on this one, legal assistance – for a small monthly fee and did we mention the awesome rooftop deck?
While we don’t allow jeans, we also don’t allow suits. We want you to just look your best every day and you’ll fit right in.
So what do we want from you?
- Plan/execute event details to ensure cohesive results for GRI’s image and brand identity at events
- Impeccable customer service – you’ll be interacting with hundreds of Loan Officers across the US to help execute their perfect event.
- Negotiate with venues, event organizers, contractors, and hotels on agenda and cost proposals until contract completion
- Organize leisure outings including offsite tours, group activities, dining and social experiences
- Direct the planning/execution of timelines and logistics for each event
- Creation of marketing materials and signage consistent with GRI image
- Create, maintain and execute event budget within the pre-approved expenditure allotments
- Manage multiple events at one time
- Creativity! How can this event be cooler, more fun or unique?
- Assist with onsite activation for large corporate events including GR Palooza, Holiday Party, and GR Foundation
- Patience and a positive attitude. Our company is rapidly growing so we have a constant influx of new Loan Officer’s; we want to make sure we are here to answer any questions, brainstorm cool event ideas and help them grow their business using our team.
Here’s the experience we’d like you to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or another related field required
- 2+ years event planning/coordination
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to meet strict deadlines
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
Who is Guaranteed Rate?Guaranteed Rate is one of the ten largest retail mortgage lenders in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 175 offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $65 billion in home purchase loans and refinances since 2000. Guaranteed Rate was ranked No. 1 in Scotsman Guide’s “Top Mortgage Lenders 2013” honors, and was recognized by Inc. magazine as the No. 4 private company job creator in the U.S. in 2013. Visit www.guaranteedrate.com for more information.
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.