Position: Payroll Specialist
Location: Chicago Loop
Raise is the largest, most trusted marketplace where our mission is to help consumers make their money worth more. Shoppers can buy discounted gift cards to over 3,000 brands or sell their unwanted gift cards for cash through our mobile applications and website.
Raise partners with retailers to offer a new type of digital payment, and since our launch in 2013, we have saved consumers over $100M to date. Raise is headquartered in Chicago with an office in New York.
About The Position
Maintain payroll processes and internal controls to preserve the quality, efficiency, and overall effectiveness of payroll functions. Ensure timely disbursement of multi-state payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes consistent with federal and state wage laws.
- Load and balance time card totals
- Ensure the entry of new hire data, transfers, promotions and terminations is accurate and timely
- Successfully process bi weekly, monthly and/or semi-monthly bonus payroll in the payroll system, including hourly and salary wages, bonuses, wage attachments, taxes and all employee benefit deductions
- Verify and monitor PTO accruals and balances
- Work with and provide regular support to the Finance Team, including assisting in preparing payroll journal entries and reconciling wages and benefits to the general ledger
- Responsible for the integrity of the payroll system in processing and reconciling payroll
- Provide timely and accurate payroll related assistance to employee as requested.
Skills & Qualifications
- Extensive experience with UltiPro and Fidelity 401k
- Awareness of business trends
- Knowledge of configuring and administering HRIS, time attendance system and other HR related programs
- Experience documenting procedures and policies
- Process mapping experience a plus
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- BS in Accounting, Finance or relevant experience
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(K) with match, disability and life insurance
- Minimum 15 days PTO plus 11 paid holidays
- Raise Gives Back- 8 paid hours allotted annually for volunteer opportunities
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Paid parental leave
- $5,000 adoption credit
- Breakfast and healthy snacks provided every day and catered lunch on Fridays
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V