PEAK6 is not your typical investment firm. We are a unique, smart and entrepreneurial firm that thinks differently. We see solutions others don’t, and we are driven to capitalize on opportunities others miss.
This ambitious, entrepreneurial culture has helped us become the diverse range of successful businesses we are today.
PEAK6 Investments is currently seeking an individual to support the build out of our Middle Office operations. This role supports all internal views of profit and loss as we compile the firm’s daily view of final PNL and match off with our clearing firms.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is passionate. You have a genuine passion for the markets and helping teams achieve their goals.
- Is motivated. You’re driven to be the best. You challenge yourself by setting goals, crushing them, and helping your teammates do the same.
- Is collaborative. You’re excited to partner with others throughout the organization to help create financial reporting accuracy and processes.
- Operates with integrity. You always conduct yourself with honesty and operate ethically. You say what you mean, and mean what you say.
What you’ll do all day:
- Exercise analytical expertise. You’ll identify, analyze, and resolve daily outages (T+1) resulting from trading activity, corporate actions, expiration, dividend and interest income/expense, execution costs and security master mapping. Additionally, you will communicate directly with stakeholders on resolution and log errors for future analysis.
- Partner and communicate with stakeholders across the organization. You’ll work closely with front and back office, IT, Risk, Research, and Finance to champion the right practices and processes that will continuously improve financial reporting accuracy through short-term and long-term projects. Additionally, you’ll communicate daily differences between internal and clearing firm calculators to accounting for review.
- Innovate and improve processes. You’ll develop various problem decomposition and reconciliation tools as needed, while helping to automate all manual processes for more efficient execution. Additionally, you will help lead the charge in reviewing counterparty websites/data configuration files for improved mapping against Peak6 internal views (i.e avoid price and trade mismatches, etc).
- Have an impact. Every day you’ll have opportunities to solve complex financial challenges directly affecting our business.
A few reasons why you might love us:
- We’re a leader in the space. We’ve got an amazing track record of success and we foster ongoing innovation. So you get all the benefits of a proven, growing company, while enjoying a very entrepreneurial culture.
- The team is really motivating. You’ll work with people who are as energetic, smart, and determined as you are. You’ll be managed by the best, too.
- Your work will be immediately impactful. You’ll be able to see your direct impact on our growth. You won’t be just another cog in the wheel.
- You’ll have genuine opportunities for growth. Your success is the team’s success. We give you plenty of chances to develop your skills and grow your career.
And a few reasons why you may not like working for us:
- You’re looking for the newest, flashiest Silicon Valley startup. That’s just not our thing. We’ve got a proven history of delivering smart, innovative solutions for our clients. But don’t get us wrong – we definitely focus on results. We just figure out a way to be driven + have fun.
- You don’t like change. This is not a job for someone who likes ‘predictable’. The market is dynamic which means the work is dynamic. It’s a fast-paced environment and you need to adapt to adapt accordingly. You won’t be bored.
- You’re not the collaborative type. We work together to ensure the best possible solutions for our clients. If you’re looking to hide out and do your own thing, this might not be the right spot.