Signal is the global leader in real-time people-based marketing. The Signal Platform offers one integrated tool to collect data from any offline or online source, create a persistent cross-channel identity graph, and match, onboard and segment rich audiences for always-on marketing and media activation. With the Signal Platform, brands and publishers have immediate knowledge of buyers, own their always-on cross-channel identity graph, and can simply and quickly engage consumers within minutes of recognition, while they are still in market. With Signal’s Platform, brands can reach known people at scale for increased conversions, better customer experiences, and improved customer loyalty.
Signal’s technology runs on more than 45,000 digital properties in 158 countries. The platform facilitates billions of data requests monthly, supporting top brands around the world that generate more than $1.5 trillion in commerce, including Allstate, Audi, Crate & Barrel, DeVry University, GAP, JetBlue Airways, Macy’s, 1-800-Flowers.com, Starcom MediaVest Group, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, and many more.
Signal is looking for a multi-disciplinary, user-centered product designer who has a passion for creating exceptional user experiences, understands B2B toolsets, and can translate qualitative and quantitative data into useful and usable interactions.
As a Product Designer, you will work on the Signal Product Management team to shape ideas into reality in close collaboration with our product managers, and front-end architecture and development teams. Your designs will help guide the direction of Signal products, services and policies. This position reports to the VP of Product Management.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Defining the core interaction components of our tool to help us answer “where does it go” and “how does it fit” questions, so we can align application product and development teams with each, and have a mission, vision, backlog, etc.
- Developing storyboards, visual comps, mockups, and process flows to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Developing personas, their goals, and the “starting and ending points” for each - what do users want to accomplish, where do they enter and exit a feature, and what is the user flow through the system
- Conducting user research for existing and new features, including observation and interview sessions, and feedback from the account team and end users
- Working with product and engineering to understand feature requirements, articulate and advocate user experience needs and then turn those needs into concepts, interface mocks, wireframes, and design specifications
- Working closely with our development team as features are built and implemented to incorporate feedback and make changes. Participate in bi-weekly sprints and weekly releases.
- Becoming knowledgeable on competitor toolsets and how we stack up
- Defining and tracking usability KPIs and success metrics
- Helping to advance our day-to-day working process, deliverables, and toolsets to use with product management and developers
What we need from you:
- Professional experience producing user experiences that include data display, analysis, and consumption. This is not a junior role (at least three years required).
- The ability to solve complex problems by humanizing product ideas and developing these into elegant designs.
- Enough knowledge in HTML, CSS, Backbone, React, and/or other common UI frameworks, so you can easily work with developers with an understanding of what’s realistic, not just what’s desired aesthetically
- Experience with Balsamiq, Axure, or similar tools
- Phenomenal communication skills. You know how to give/receive good news, bad news, suggestions and feedback.
- You embrace interesting problems, rapid iteration, and change.
- AdTech/MarTech/Marketing Analytics product experience preferred
Outside the obviousness of the job, like all Signalites, you fall in love with new ideas, can’t stop learning, and are a pretty nice person on top of all of it. You get that even the most fun kind of work is work, consider putting in the hours an obvious necessity, and easily deal with change. You think well beyond what’s asked of you, and realize that it takes us working as a team to get there.
What’s in it for you:
You will work with others who value culture and treating one another like adults. To support this we offer a competitive salary/bonus with great benefits, like: unlimited PTO, 401k, laptop benefit, health/dental/vision, STD/LTD, snacks, parental leave, Hack Weeks, great colleagues.
How to apply:
Interested? Well, send your resume via the link below. The company and team we’re building is important to us, so include a note explaining what you’ve been doing and why you’d make a great addition to our team. Be yourself. We will only respond to people who meet qualifications and on whom we develop a professional crush.
Signal is the global leader in real-time, cross-channel, people-based marketing. The Signal Platform helps marketers collect data from any offline or online source, create an always-on cross-channel identity graph, and segment and activate rich audiences for marketing and media campaigns. The platform is ecosystem-neutral and makes data and marketing technologies work better together for increased engagement, loyalty and conversions.
Signal’s technology runs on 35,000 digital properties in 158 countries. The platform facilitates billions of requests monthly, supporting top brands that generate more than $1.5 trillion in commerce, including Allstate, Audi, Crate & Barrel, DeVry University, GAP, JetBlue Airways, Macy’s, 1-800-Flowers, StarcomMediaVest Group, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, and many more. Signal has been recognized with several awards and honors, including being named the third-fastest growing software company in the country, and the 51st-fastest growing company overall, on the 2015 Inc. 5000 list.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at Signal are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.