Position: Product Director
Location: Chicago Loop
Raise is the largest, most trusted marketplace where our mission is to help consumers make their money worth more. Shoppers can buy discounted gift cards to over 3,000 brands or sell their unwanted gift cards for cash through our mobile applications and website.
Raise partners with retailers to offer a new type of digital payment, and since our launch in 2013, we have saved consumers over $100M to date. Raise is headquartered in Chicago with an office in New York.
About The Position
Raise is looking for a Product Director who has a passion for building and shipping useful, usable, well-designed products. Product Directors at Raise provide direction and vision to the XD and Engineering teams that will define the next generation of our products. They are responsible for managing the strategic product vision with the goal of maximizing member experience and business value.
Product Director at Raise direct and execute a wide range of activities across the product lifecycle from inception to managing in market. The best candidate will be able to proactively guide the design, development and support of features on our core products, as well as anticipate and prioritize business needs of the team. Superb time management skills, an optimistic and productive attitude toward work, and the ability to create a strong sense of urgency in the teams they manage is a must. The product manager reports to the Senior Director of Product.
- Manage product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research
- Drive a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, UX and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product goals, and positioning
- Develop and implement a companywide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute
- Analyze potential partner relationships for the product
- Work closely with design and engineering in crafting useful and usable experiences
- Plan and manage multiple parallel initiatives
- Bring creative problem solving and an innovative mindset to challenges
- Identify and analyze data and customer research to define problems, measure results, and prioritize competing opportunities
- Define and track metrics critical to the success of product features
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance business needs against technical constraints
- Adapt and remain flexible to changing priorities and consider new ideas while having the business’ success firmly in your focus
Skills & Qualifications
- 7+ years of software product management experience, specifically mobile or web based services
- Distinctive problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile development, and good technical acumen are required
- A passion for mobile technology and software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- A passion for driving efficiency and quality metrics
- An eye for process design and organizational dynamics
- Demonstrated success of developing excellent products from concept to launch.
- A desire to work and experience in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with varied responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(K) with match, disability and life insurance
- Minimum 15 days PTO plus 11 paid holidays
- Raise Gives Back- 8 paid hours allotted annually for volunteer opportunities
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Paid parental leave
- $5,000 adoption credit
- Breakfast and healthy snacks provided every day and catered lunch on Fridays
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V