PEAK6 is not your typical investment firm. We are a unique, smart and entrepreneurial firm that thinks differently. We see solutions others don’t, and we are driven to capitalize on opportunities others miss.
This ambitious, entrepreneurial culture has helped us become the diverse range of successful businesses we are today.
In this role, you will work with a team of traders, quants, and software developers to implement execution and trading strategies and see them work in real-trading. Your ideas will be heard and your analysis will be put into play.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has intellectual curiosity. You’re driven to find innovative ways to solve problems and are driven to investigate new/impactful questions.
- Is motivated. You’re driven to be the best. You’re self-directed and love to set goals, exceed them, and help your teammates do the same.
- Seeks creative solutions. Out of the box solutions don’t work here. We need minds who can find creative ways to solve problems and generate insights.
- Is courageous. You’re willing to challenge the status quo. You trust your instincts and will say what you think, even if it’s controversial.
- Is open. You’re willing to accept learning new and different things, this goes beyond just what you learn about markets.
What you’ll do all day:
- Be an integral part of an elite group. You’ll work shoulder-to-shoulder with a team of experienced and successful traders, quants & developers to see your ideas put into play.
- Analyze the market to generate ideas and insights. You’ll use your quantitative analysis skills to design and implement statistical models that will help us drive efficiencies and get an edge in the market.
- Make sense of the market to identify unique opportunities. You’ll analyze trade and market data to optimize our portfolio and develop new ideas or strategies.
- Use data to drive better decisions. You’ll bring the right data to the table that will drive decisions around strategy and implementation.
- Be empowered. You won’t be micromanaged. You’ll be given the tools and latitude to solve sophisticated challenges and bring forward your best ideas to generate new areas of opportunity.
A few reasons why you might love working at PEAK6:
- We invest in great ideas. As a firm with a proven, entrepreneurial approach, you’ll have very real opportunities to see your ideas come to life.
- Your success will be recognized and appreciated. You’ll be able to see your direct impact on our growth. You won’t be just another cog in the wheel.
And a few reasons why you might not love working here:
- We’re not developing low-latency strategies. We’re not a high-frequency trading firm. We’re a hands-on proprietary trading firm using innovative, analytical insights to drive our trading strategies.
- You don’t like change. This is not a job for someone who likes ‘predictable’. The market is dynamic. Market conditions shift often, which means you need to adapt accordingly. You won’t be bored.
The skills you’ll need to succeed:
- We need knowledge in statistics and machine learning
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with Python or R and be familiar with the below python packages or R equivalents
- Stats models
- Optional programming skills in C++/ Java/C or other formal programming language and development of large software projects
- 3+ years of work experience (ideally in the financial and trading industry)