Want to partner in building a true agile ecosystem? Do you get your kicks from leading agile teams to a state of high performance? Or are you just sick of ridiculous bureaucracy and organizational constraints preventing you, your teams, and the rest of your current organization from getting to that next level of agile maturity?
Well, here’s an amazing opportunity that is sure to satisfy your servant leadership tendencies. At Uptake we are building Chicago’s finest and most adaptive scaled agile environment, and we need your help doing it! Agile values, principles, and behaviors are supported from both the top-down and bottom-up here. Naturally, having talented ScrumMasters and Agile Coaches to support us is key to our success! There are positions open in both our Naperville and Chicago offices.
Uptake's business is global, disruptive, differentiated and approaches the market in a new way. We help customers identify hidden value and create growth through business and technology innovation, while also enabling our customers with cost efficiencies that generate industry-leading business performance. Our team drives this success by connecting customers and partners to the value of the Internet of Things, business-centric architectures, and key technology transitions.
- Servant Leadership – Able to garner respect from team(s) and willing to get your hands dirty to get the job done while placing other’s interests ahead of your own.
- Knowledgeable – Deep understanding and experience with multiple agile ways of working like; Scrum, Kanban, Lean Thinking, Lean Startup, eXtreme Programming, SAFe, LeSS, etc. – Experience with all listed is NOT required
- Communicative and Social – Able to communicate well with teams and stakeholders
- Facilitative – Able to lead Scrum ceremonies and demonstrate value add principles to the team and other parts of the organization
- Assertive – Able to ensure agile concepts and principles are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason and authority, and make the tough calls
- Situational Awareness – Be the first to notice differences and team issues as they arise, and when necessary elevate them to supporting managers
- Enthusiastic – Be high-energy
- Continual Improvement – Continually be growing in your craft, learning new tools and techniques to manage yourself and the team(s)
- Conflict Resolution – Able to facilitate tough discussions, and facilitate alternatives, or different approaches
- Attitude of Empowerment – Able to lead a team to self-organization
- Attitude of Transparency – Bring disclosure and visibility to the business about development progress and grow business trust
- Guiding the team and larger organization on how to use Scrum and other Agile practices and to delight customers
- Organizing and facilitating daily standups, sprint reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning as needed by the scrum team(s)
- Guiding the team(s) on how to get the most of out self-organization
- Assessing the Scrum maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding and working with the right person to remove them
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog and working with the team(s)
- Collaborating with other ScrumMasters and Agile Coaches across the organization
- Actively participating in an Agile Coaching Team and/or “Community of Practice”
- CSM or PSM I required - CSP or PSM II a plus
- At least 3 years of product development experience in web-based technologies
- Al least 2 years filling the ScrumMaster role on a Scrum Team
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial startup environment
Want to impress? Bring more hats. We like multifunctional people at Uptake.
Can you bring these skills too?
- Knowledge of: Platform Development, Data Analytics, The “Internet of Things”, User Centered Design Thinking
- Development Technologies like: Java, Angular, Spring, Elastic Search, No SQL
The Bottom Line
Our culture is essential to our success. The manner in which you complement our culture will be essential to your success. People with the following characteristics enjoy… no, LOVE working at Uptake. And we love them.
- A sense of humor and playful outlook
- Outgoing and energetic
- Passion and intense drive
- Strength to step-up and take responsibility
- Eagerness and ability to work with diverse personalities
Dig the Culture + Got the Skills = Apply Today!