What We Do:
Uptake's is a global, disruptive, and highly innovative company. We help customers identify hidden value and create growth through business and technology solutions, while enabling cost efficiencies that generate industry-leading performance. Our team drives this success by connecting customers and partners to the value of the Internet of Things, business-centric architectures, and key technology transitions.
What You'll Do:
As a Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst, you will be responsible with ensuring that all of Uptake’s resources are protected against recurring, evolving, and advanced persistent threats. As a member of the Threat Exposure Management Team, the SOC Analyst will be required to monitor multiple feeds in a 24/5 environment to immediately detect, verify, and respond swiftly to found vulnerabilities, malware, exploits, and email based attacks.
Some of the things you may find yourself doing:
- Review threat feeds and monitoring intelligence for vulnerabilities, malware, and exploits
- Act as the first line of defense for all alerted or discovered vulnerabilities providing severity level
- Document artifacts found while conducting active investigations
- Collaboration with security/system administrators during escalations of findings
- Create and update threat reports to management
- Assist in configurations for products in the security toolkit
- Research gathering and knowledge building to stay current with vulnerabilities
- Provide mentoring and training to other departments outlining security practices
- Execute security processes that align to risk and compliance objectives
- Participate in hands-on security projects
- University or college degree
- 2 to 3 years as a technical security practitioner
- Knowledge of vulnerability and endpoint protection tools
- Ability to determine actual threats VS. false positives
- Experience in incident response process analysis
- Networking and Unix/Linux skills
- Experience with log reviewing and alert monitoring
- Ability to work on-call shifts
- Some experience with hands on administration of network devices, systems and/or security devices
- Understanding of Firewalls, Encryption and PKI, Intrusion Detection Systems, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Web Application Firewalls, Advanced Malware Defense Appliances, DDOS Prevention, Application Whitelisting and Network Packet Capture Solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an expert team player with demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships
- Need to be self-driven and time orientated
- Ability to effectively execute and drive cross-functional teams in a fast paced startup environment
Nice to Have’s:
- A love for potatoes and White Castle.
- Active member of the information security community.
- Be bad-ass in what you do.