Want to partner in building a true agile ecosystem? Do you get your kicks from leading agile teams to a state of high performance? Or are you just sick of ridiculous bureaucracy and organizational constraints preventing you, your teams, and the rest of your current organization from getting to that next level of agile maturity?
Well, here’s an amazing opportunity that is sure to satisfy your servant leadership tendencies. At Uptake we are building Chicago’s finest and most adaptive scaled agile environment, and we need your help doing it! Agile values, principles, and behaviors are supported from both the top-down and bottom-up here. Naturally, having talented ScrumMasters and Agile Coaches to support us is key to our success!
Uptake's business is global, disruptive, differentiated and approaches the market in a new way. We help customers identify hidden value and create growth through business and technology innovation, while also enabling our customers with cost efficiencies that generate industry-leading business performance. Our team drives this success by connecting customers and partners to the value of the Internet of Things, business-centric architectures, and key technology transitions.
What You'll Do:
- Work with engineering leadership to identify key objectives and milestones and drive process improvements in those areas and help define and collect metrics that bring transparency to the group's progress (e.g. release processes, app separation from the platform, data and app platform convergence, etc.)
- Support the Engineering Director, collaborating with Engineering Managers, Product Managers and Agile Coaches across the organization
- Lead Agile Training customized for different audiences across Uptake, including dev teams, data science, HR, marketing, etc, as well as work with Engineering leadership and new hires.
- Help build the template for new agile coaches that onboard into the organization. What is expected of Agile Coaches? Help define and build agreement across Uptake.
- Help build and lead an Agile Community of Practice focused on keeping Uptake aligned to the core agile principles, open to all of the organization, not just other coaches.
- Engage in value stream mapping to identify inefficiencies, redundancies, and waste in our processes and create and leverage metrics to show current state vs future state improvements. Work with the Directors of Engineering to identify and execute on milestones to reach the future state.
- Drive continuous improvement at Uptake with a strong focus on taking action and empowering our product development team to find ways to take action themselves.
- Identify improvements in our sprint review and demo processes and lead the effort to make those changes.
- Create workshops and training sessions focused on how we build better products, such as story mapping, writing user stories, breaking down epics, planning and estimating, facilitating meetings, dependency mapping, etc.
- Coach the agile coaches at Uptake and help them learn new techniques, or share ideas on how teams can improve from an outside perspective.
- Building a trusting and safe engineering culture where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Create an attitude of empowerment and transparency across the product development team
- CSM or PSM I required - CSP or PSM II a plus
- At least 5 years of product development experience in web-based technologies
- Al least 2 years filling the ScrumMaster role on a Scrum Team
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial startup environment
Want to impress? Bring more hats.
We like multifunctional people at Uptake.
Can you bring these skills too?
- Knowledge of: Platform Development, Data Analytics, The “Internet of Things”, User Centered Design Thinking
- Development Technologies like: Java, Angular, Spring, Elastic Search, No SQL
The Bottom Line
Our culture is essential to our success. The manner in which you complement our culture will be essential to your success. People with the following characteristics enjoy… no, LOVE working at Uptake. And we love them.
- A sense of humor and playful outlook
- Outgoing and energetic
- Passion and intense drive
- Strength to step-up and take responsibility
- Eagerness and ability to work with diverse personalities
Dig the Culture + Got the Skills = Apply Today!