Named one of the top FinTech innovators in the world, Avant is changing the way consumers interact with financial products. Backed by over $2 billion in funding, Avant leverages big data and machine learning algorithms to lower the costs and barriers of borrowing for consumers.
By combining cutting-edge technology with outstanding talent, we’ve grown from five employees to over 900 in three short years. With a presence in the US and the UK, Avant is at the forefront of unsecured and secured personal products.
We only have so many hands so for this search Avant has exclusively partnered with LaSalle Network, the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.
What Avant does
We are revolutionizing the world of lending by lowering the costs and barriers of borrowing for everyday people. At our core, we are a tech company that builds advanced technology platforms and uses custom analytics to expand access to credit. Today, our platform helps underserved consumers find fair and fast installment loans. Tomorrow we plan to use our world class technology and underwriting capabilities to launch new products and services that help people improve their financial lives.
We think we are great, but you don’t have to take our word for it. Avant has been featured in publications such as The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg and Crain's Chicago Business. We have also been named one of Forbes America's Most Promising Companies and we’ve been featured on Forbes’ list of Next Billion Dollar Startups. Find out more at www.avant.com.
Who Avant is
We are nerds, passionate consumer advocates, hungry to make an impact, financial wizards who actually understand the fine print, data junkies, and a place where you can wear a baseball hat, a suit or both at the same time.
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner.
Cool office and amazing benefits? Yeah… we have those - just ask us.
Whoever you are, you are welcome here; come join us.
Let’s get to business. Avant is looking for a new Senior Analyst to join the team in Chicago. This position plays a critical role in Avant’s Business Analytics – Unsecured Loan team. Unsecured loans are Avant’s primary product offering and this role would be working directly on managing the credit underwriting criteria and developing new strategies to minimize risk and optimize profitability for Avant’s core product. We are looking for a hands on candidate who takes ownership and seeks opportunities.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following:
- Develope and implement underwriting rules using analytical methods like segmentation, predictive models, hypothesis testing, etc.
- Use visualization tools to build dashboards and monitor key performance indicators
- Use data to understand new ways of finding impactful insights from limited data sets and develop recommendations
- Initiat and executing pricing and line assignment tests to validate hypotheses on price sensitivity as well as affordability
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners on new initiatives, project requests, prioritization and delivery
- Communicate strategies/proposals/solutions to key stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 1+ years analytical experience in the consumer finance industry
- 1+ years of experience leveraging data tools such as SQL, R, Python
- Master’s deegree in related field
- 2-3 years of experience conducting underwriting and pricing related analytics in a lending/banking organization
- Knowledge of credit scorecard model development
- Ability to translate analysis results into clearly defined and implementable strategies/rules
- Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills with key attention to detail
- High level of inquisitiveness, initiative and critical thinking
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management
If you are interested in the Sr. Analyst, Business Analytics position and meet the above requirements, please apply today.
Accounting, Finance, Credit and Risk Search
Keywords and Related Terms: credit analyst , credit associate , business analyst , finance , financial analyst , risk analyst , risk consultant , credit risk analyst , credit risk consultant , underwriting , origination , credit underwriting , business analytics ,
Avant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Avant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.