Civis Analytics is building a data-driven world.
We are building cloud-based products to help organizations do data science better and easier. We create technologies that empower organizations to unlock the truth hiding in their own data—transforming them into smart organizations that are ready to thrive.
We're solving the world's biggest problems with big data. Through research, experimentation, and iteration, we’re transforming how organizations do analytics.
While our history is rooted in political campaign targeting, we’re now partnering with intelligent organizations in healthcare, media, education, and a range of other domains.
We are a community of engineers, data scientists, and statisticians, and are looking to add to our growing team. We are smart, fun, and a little bit weird. Does this sound like you?
- Manage data science projects for clients from beginning to end
- Structure complex client problems to be solved using imperfect data
- Work with cross-functional teams of engineers, data scientists, social scientists as necessary
- Enhance, find patterns in, and build predictive models on large data sets
- Translate findings into clear, actionable, and timely insights
- Communicate findings to clients with various skill levels and in various roles
- Creatively identify opportunities to convert insights from client engagements into scalable decision applications, and collaborate with other teams to build these tools
- Assist Applied Data Science Managers in new business development, including scoping projects, writing proposals, and building and maintaining case studies and other project collateral
- Work independently and pro-actively, asking for help when needed, both of peers and supervisors
- Teach and mentor Applied Data Scientists
- Travel requirements: < 5%
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical subject (statistics, math, economics, physics, political science, etc)
- Experience working with large and messy data sets (SQL experience is a plus)
- Proficiency with statistical packages (R, Python, STATA, etc) and proven ability to work pragmatically with statistical concepts
- Experience working with presentation and data visualization software, such as Microsoft Office or Tableau
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with government clients and data assets
- Experience framing results within a government context, and communicating these results to stakeholders at all levels
- Experiencing mentoring more junior members of a team
- Practical understanding of and experience with predictive analytics and machine learning