Senior Content Marketing Manager
What we do:
Uptake is a Chicago-based predictive analytics SaaS platform provider that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for Uptake’s partners and a proven industrial grade software platform that delivers value to partners and their end customers.
What you'll do:
The Senior Content Marketing Manager will serve as a key member of the Marketing & Communications teams to clearly communicate and promote Uptake and our value proposition to industries, customers, and employees through a variety of tools and channels. Must be ready to work in a fast-paced environment that thrives on self-motivation, flexibility and collaboration.
- Create a content strategy that effectively positions Uptake as a leader in the predictive data analytics space and our targeted industries, differentiating against competitors and creating thought leadership materials to educate. Help determine the most effective way to distribute this knowledge and utilize the right channels to reach the right audiences – including digital, social, events, blog and PR channels. Work with resources on the team to execute.
- Assist in the creation of sales enablement materials that clearly and visually communicate the value of Uptake to external and internal audiences, including collateral, decks, white papers, video and customer case studies.
- Work seamlessly and effectively across departments, including marketing, communications, product, sales, corporate development, data science and leadership to collaborate on materials, meet deadlines and produce GREAT work.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the Uptake business, products and solutions to effectively communicate that value and articulate it simply and concisely – building the brand externally in general and across specific industries.
- Create executive-level presentations through PowerPoint to support sales and business development efforts.
- Support Uptake’s presence at relevant industry conferences and trade shows with collateral, presentations and promotional plans as needed.
- A./B.S. Marketing, Communications, Journalism or other related discipline from an accredited university
- 8+ years relevant work experience, preferably in marketing, content marketing, communications or product marketing. Experience with technology, digital or start-up companies a plus.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, quantitative and written skillset
- Attention to detail is critical, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical functions into customer benefits.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, work effectively across a large, fast-paced organization and deliver on priorities
- Experience marketing technical, digital or industrial products
- Creative thinker
- Excellent project management skills, including a proven ability to think through all aspects of the process, manage long-term projects and multi-task
- Driven self-starter with a passion for excellence
- Experience working directly with sales teams to translate product value to customers.