Senior Product Manager
What We Do:
Uptake is a Chicago-based predictive analytics SaaS platform provider that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for Uptake’s partners and a proven industrial grade software platform that delivers value to partners and their end customers.
What You’ll Do:
A Senior Product Manager is the linchpin of product innovation and business growth leading a matrixed team to deliver product excellence. The Senior Product Manager’s ability to internalize and articulate the needs of customers, married with business savvy and technical competency, are leveraged to build trust, discipline, and passion across the organization. The Senior Product Manager thrives as both an individual contributor and a mentor in collaborative settings by defining broad product vision, clarifying opportunities, and leading teams in the discovery and production of products that deliver customer and business value.
In this role you will:
- Become a company-wide expert in the customers of your product.
- Own, lead, and evangelize the continual evolution of your product’s vision and roadmap.
- Lead discovery processes, including market opportunities, user/customer research and prototyping to identify, evaluate and define products and features that are valuable, usable, and feasible.
- Evaluate partner/competitor activities to discover market opportunities.
- Define and maintain product KPIs, and use them to measure/report progress and to align product development to business strategy.
- Grow and refine product backlog by prioritizing against short- and long-term value delivery.
- Collaborate with development, user experience, strategy, and other team members throughout product definition and project delivery.
- Make, mentor, and own the hard decisions and trade-offs that emerge during product delivery.
- Influence the decisions of highly matrixed development teams through vision, persuasion, and the authority of expert customer intimacy.
- Align product release planning in harmony with business strategy and other product roadmaps
- Participate in and help lead the continued evolution of the product management organization and related processes.
- Must have a strong ability to view the product and market that will exist in 2-5 years and socialize that vision
- Must be a leader for all parties involved in the product-lifecycle
- Must manage priorities against the varying needs of customers and partners
- Must have critical thinking skills to quickly make and measure decisions during planning and execution
- Must lead discussions and differentiate across opportunity, value, and revenue
- Must have the confidence to leverage intuition to translate the unknown opportunity into an actionable plan
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of product management or similar experience at a technology/IT company