Say Yello to Yello! Yello is reinventing recruiting by replacing outdated practices with innovative solutions. Organizations from Fortune 500 companies to high-growth start-ups use our technologies to modernize talent acquisition processes. Our culture emphasizes collaboration and supports rapid professional growth. At Yello, employees have the opportunity to solve challenging problems and provide an immediate impact.
- Job Description
What You’ll Be Doing:
You'll work with other highly skilled developers to build enterprise SaaS applications using Ruby on Rails and other modern web technologies. As a core team member of our web application platform team you will get to work on all aspects of our products. You'll be a part of a team that is focused on continuous improvement, code quality, good security, and software craftsmanship . You'll also share your passion for web development and aggressively seek out the best solutions to complex problems.
- What you should bring to us:
- Minimum: 4 years of professional experience
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related Degree
- Experience doing object oriented development
- Experience working through and on performance issues, tuning, scaling and security when working on the web.
- Your drive for action and experience solving problems in a fast paced environment
- A desire to share knowledge and help others on your team grow as well as the ability to oversee a team of young developers
Our apps are currently being used by some of the largest companies in the United States, and your code will be used by thousands of professionals on a daily basis. Not only will you be helping our clients source the best new employees from colleges and universities, but you'll also be helping grads land their dream job. You'll get to help our company grow into a respected and recognized development organization.
- Relational database design as well as proficiency in SQL (preferably PostgreSQL)
- RSpec or relevant testing framework
- Full Stack Development (RESTful API development would be a plus)
- Agile methodologies
- Non-relational data stores (Redis, Memcached, Elasticsearch, etc)
Yello is the definition of a “work hard play hard” corporate culture. Our employees take their work very seriously as we are the trailblazers in our space, but don’t worry, you can always find a good video game match getting competitive during lunch time. Our dress is casual, we have one of the best views in the city, along with perks and benefits that are designed to promote work/life balance. Flexible work arrangements, sports league teams, free snacks and “beverages”, professional development programs, regular social events, discounted gym membership, matching 401K – we’ve got you covered. Our CEO, Jason Weingarten, and President, Dan Bartfield, always have their office doors open. You might even see one of them at the local karaoke bar now and then, but not to worry as they’ve been told not to quit their day jobs.
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Local candidates are preferred, but we will offer relocation assistance for the right person!
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred