Avant is an online lending platform that is the leading provider of credit alternatives to middle income consumers in the US & UK. Avant offers unsecured personal loans ranging from $1,000-$35,000 with funding as soon as the next business day, and has served more than 500,000 customers worldwide. Avant offers its technology solutions to bank and non-bank partners via its Powered By Avant product to provide an innovative digital lending experience to their customers. Avant, founded in late 2012, has raised over $600 million of equity capital and originated over $4 billion of loans on the platform.
We only have so many hands so for this search, Avant has exclusively partnered with LaSalle Network, the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.
What we do
We are revolutionizing the world of lending by lowering the costs and barriers of borrowing for everyday people. At our core, we are a tech company that builds advanced technology platforms and uses custom analytics to expand access to credit. Today, our platform helps underserved consumers find fair and fast installment loans. Tomorrow we plan to use our world class technology and underwriting capabilities to launch new products and services that help people improve their financial lives.
We think we are great, but you don’t have to take our word for it. Avant has been featured in publications such as The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg and Crain's Chicago Business. We have also been named one of Forbes America's Most Promising Companies and we’ve been featured on Forbes’ list of Next Billion Dollar Startups. Find out more at www.avant.com.
Who we are
We are nerds, passionate consumer advocates, hungry to make an impact, financial wizards who actually understand the fine print, data junkies, and a place where you can wear a baseball hat, a suit or both at the same time.
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner.
Cool office and amazing benefits? Yeah… we have those - just ask us.
Whoever you are, you are welcome here; come join us.
Let’s get to business. Avant is looking for a new Software Engineer to join the Test Engineering team in Chicago.
As a member of the Test Engineering team, you will be responsible for designing, building and maintaining tools for the rest of the development organization which make testing easier and faster for developers. You will also aid in establishing and communicating organization-wide best practices for unit testing and software development. You will help build and maintain the infrastructure necessary to support our continuous integration, staging and training platforms and tools to make use of these platforms fast and seamless for all users. You will also be responsible for building and maintaining features for the reporting platform we use to process and act on millions of test results and other events every day.
A small sample of the innovative tools our team has provided to the development team include:
- Time travel builds - Predicting future test failures by testing our code against the future, today
- Automatic Bisect - We automatically bisect test failures in our master branch to make test failure resolution faster and easier
- Factory Caching - We reduced build times by 40% by implementing caching mechanisms for FactoryGirl
- Verbalize - We built an open source interactor framework to make implementation of interactors in ruby fast, reliable and easy to maintain
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Strong knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Ruby/Ruby on Rails
- Unit and web automation testing frameworks such as RSpec, Capybara, Selenium, or similar tools
- Continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Circle CI, Solano, Travis, Codeship, etc.
- Interfacing with RESTful APIs
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals and coding/testing best practices
- Experience with Node, React, and Redux
- Experience managing and configuring cloud based applications e.g. AWS
- Experience building and configuring containerized applications e.g. Docker
- Experience with other languages such as Java, Clojure, Elixir, or Python
If you are interested in the Software Engineer - Test Engineering position and meet the requirements, please apply today!
Senior Project Manager, Technology Services
Keywords and Related Terms: engineering, saas , pas , fintech , consumer , cx , customer , ruby , agile
Avant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Avant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.