We exist to help you enjoy the moments most important to you and yours by inspiring satisfying, stress-free meals fit for the way you live. We use the power of cooking to bring people together as the cornerstone of realizing each person’s full potential–in the home and in life.
Part of Berkshire Hathaway, Pampered Chef is the premier direct seller of high-quality kitchen tools. At cooking shows, our independent consultants help guests use our unique products to prepare simple and delicious recipes while sharing tips and techniques to make everyday cooking easier and faster.
Whether the cook is a future Emeril or a toddler helping to make chocolate chip cookies (licking the spoon, of course!), chances are Pampered Chef has a better, faster, and more delicious way of getting things done in the kitchen. We sell our superior-quality, innovative collection of prepping, cooking, and serving products through a network of more than 42,000 direct sales consultants throughout the US, Canada, and Germany. Millions of customers use our products every day. Each of our 450 HQ coworkers—from product designers and supply chain specialists to ecommerce developers—is committed to bringing the best to our customers. And we have fun doing it!
Established in 1980 by Doris Christopher, Pampered Chef was acquired by Berkshire Hathaway in 2002, a sure sign of our growth potential. In 2014, Tracy Britt Cool, a key member of Warren Buffett’s team, joined as our CEO to lead our transformation into a progressive, open door, cutting-edge workplace. We believe happy coworkers are the best coworkers and are committed to keeping creativity, innovative solutions and customer engagement top of mind. Pampered Chef is pushing the boundaries for our customers, consultants, and coworkers.MAIN COURSE (Job Responsibilities):
Financial Services and Risk Management (FSRM) is a Tier II area of the Solution Center (Call Center). FSRM Specialists are the point of escalation for: Returned Check and Order Payment Account Transactions (NSF); Direct Deposit and Order Payment Account management and inquiry; credit card transaction inquiry and disputes; escalations pertaining to non-receipt of refunds or other payment issues.
- Handles incoming Consultant/Customer inquiries via phone queue and e-mail relating to outstanding balances, order payment account and direct deposit programs, payment inquiry or issues, etc.
- Outbound calls/e-mails to collect outstanding balances.
- Creates invoices or receipts in Oracle. Reconciles all entries daily to ensure accuracy and completion. Processes Consultant payments through an on-line credit card processing system. Must maintain confidentiality and uphold all company policies regarding PCI Compliance.
- Assist with Personal Website issues relating to NSF situations, cancellations and general policy and procedure questions.
- Recommends accounts for Termination due to unpaid balances. Prepares placement of accounts to outside collection agency and contacts the agency as needed to report payments, account updates, etc.
- Handles escalated payment/refund issues from Consultants, Customers, or Customer Solutions. Extensive research may be required to provide accurate and thorough details. Follow up as needed.
- Tracks and resolves any duplicate authorization issues that may occur due to system errors. Works with bank to remove duplicate authorizations from account and follows up with Consultant or Customer accordingly. Handles sending of apology gifts in situations deemed necessary.
- Handles entry of new applications and/or account changes for the order payment account and direct deposit programs. Ensures confidentiality when handling bank account details.
- Handles other department duties as needed such as: Conference registration collection; verifying funds for large dollar orders; entering misc. payments or refunds; PC dollar printing or account updates, etc.
- Some college preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an accounting/AR type position with strong customer service skills or equivalent Pampered Chef experience.
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality to handle calls with banks as well as follow all company PCI requirements.
- Ability to listen to customers and, with diplomacy and empathy, address their concerns toward resolution. Must be able to pacify irate callers and turn negative situations in to positive ones.
- Ability to strive in a call center environment and balance phone work along with other tasks.
- Must meet or exceed the monthly department metrics including Quality, Productivity, and Collection dollars.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task.
- Strong computer skills required including Excel, MS Word. Experience with Windows, Internet, and desktop software required. Oracle experience highly recommended.
DESSERT! (The Sweet Rewards of Working at Pampered Chef!)
Our core values are respect, humility, accountability, meritocracy, integrity, authenticity, passion, and innovation (in no particular order!). We embody those values in our work, but also in the great desserts we offer to our coworkers.
- Each and every coworker makes a difference every day by asking tough questions, finding the answers, and then making it happen—our entrepreneurial employees are the key to our success! Pampered Chef is big enough to implement cutting-edge technology, and small enough for all ideas to be heard and challenged.
- We are a learning focused environment—we want you to learn from us, and we expect to learn from you and what you’re passionate about! We even provide training and development for added brainpower.
- We get to mix it up! PC has offices in Addison and in downtown Chicago. Some of our roles will have the opportunity to work in the Chicago office full time, part time, or on occasion.
- We collaborate every day in a high-tech space with writable walls, open collaboration zones, quiet “I need to contemplate” zones, and fun zones with ping pong, basketball, and bags, of course. No boring cubicle farms here!
- We are concerned about your physical and financial well-being and offer BC/BS PPO or HMO health plans, dental, disability, matched 401K, life insurance, on-site fitness center, comfy chairs, on-site cafeteria, and dry cleaning valet service.
- Most importantly, Pampered Chef has a strong, proven history of bringing fun to cooking, creativity to recipes, and sharing to family and friends around the table.