We exist to help you enjoy the moments most important to you and yours by inspiring satisfying, stress-free meals fit for the way you live. We use the power of cooking to bring people together as the cornerstone of realizing each person’s full potential–in the home and in life.
Part of Berkshire Hathaway, Pampered Chef is the premier direct seller of high-quality kitchen tools. At cooking shows, our independent consultants help guests use our unique products to prepare simple and delicious recipes while sharing tips and techniques to make everyday cooking easier and faster.
Whether the cook in the kitchen is a future Emeril or a toddler helping with chocolate chip cookie dough, aka licking the spoon, chances are Pampered Chef has a better, faster, and more delicious way of getting things done in the kitchen. We sell our superior quality, innovative collection of prepping, cooking and serving products through a network of over 42,000 direct sales consultants throughout the US, Canada and Germany. Millions of customers use our products every day. Each of our 450 HQ coworkers from product designers, supply chain specialists to ecommerce developers are committed to bringing the best to our customers. And have fun doing it!
Established in 1980 by Doris Christopher, Pampered Chef was acquired by Berkshire Hathaway in 2002, a sure sign of our accomplishment. In 2014, Tracy Britt Cool, a key member of Warren Buffett’s team, joined as our CEO to lead our transformation into a progressive, open door, cutting edge workplace began. We believe happy coworkers are the best coworkers and are committed to keeping creativity, innovative solutions and customer engagement top of mind. Pampered Chef is pushing the boundaries for our customers, consultants and coworkers.MAIN COURSE (Job Responsibilities):
We provide world-class service to consultants and customers, fielding questions and concerns through calls, emails, and live chat. Problems are no problem for us: we’ve got the skills and expertise to make every person feel valued, no matter why they reached out in the first place. Here’s how you’ll contribute to the team:
- You’ll be responsible for developing and maintaining a secure, high-availability, high-performance, scalable infrastructure through design, recommendation, implementation, and remediation of network and systems hardware, software, services, and processes. You’ll work with a sense of urgency to ensure that issues and opportunities are proactively considered and addressed.
- You’ll need to possesses expert knowledge of key hardware and software systems (outlined in the requirements section below) with the ability to provide hands-on management, support, and backup. Experience with the implementation of hybrid co-hosted and cloud solutions is a must.
- You’ll participate in and lead an incident response team, responsible for proactive notification and reactive incidents. You’ll coordinate with all appropriate teams, ensuring that the proper resources are engaged, communicating, and productive.
- You’ll develop, coordinate, and publish root-cause analysis documents and ensure recommendations are reviewed and implemented as appropriate.
- You’ll provide strategic direction to the Director of Infrastructure on all infrastructure projects through research, participation in meetings, and interviews with the appropriate coworkers.
- You’ll work as a part of the IT management team to provide guidance on infrastructure, risk, and compliance process improvements through the use of relevant information technologies.
- You’ll source and manage relationships with strategic vendors, and review these relationships on a periodic basis prior to an automatic renewal and before the end of a contracted term to ensure that the most appropriate vendors and rates are used.
- You’ll provide leadership by summarizing performance results, build professional relationships, enhance their knowledge through training, and communicate effectively to align with the company’s needs and environment.
- You’ll be responsible for the department’s capital and budget process that keeps the business functioning within our financial means.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related discipline required.
- 10+ years experience in designing, maintaining, and supporting infrastructure.
- 7+ years supervisory/staff leadership experience required.
- Proven hands-on abilities in key technologies used at Pampered Chef.
- Strong project management skills required; able to multitask and keep projects on schedule.
- Well-developed analytical and troubleshooting skills required. Must be able to determine root cause and effect, and apply logic to a problem toward a resolution. Must work with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent written communication skills required (problem documentation, internally and externally directed emails, business memos, performance appraisals, project proposals and justifications).
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills required; must be comfortable communicating with all levels of TPC internal and external management.
- Experience with security, risk and compliance assessments, tools, and best practices.
- Strong staff management and leadership skills required.
- Windows Operating Systems (all systems through Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7).
- Window Server and Domain Migration.
- Windows Desktop Migration.
- Windows technologies (SCCM, SharePoint, Exchange, SQL).
- Oracle RAC Implementation and Support.
- RedHat Linux or equivalent Linux.
- Backup Solutions including disk, offsite and cloud based.
- Cisco Networking.
- Server Blade Installation, configuration and management.
- Network monitoring.
- Hitachi storage.
- Hosted and Cloud based services (Amazon EC2 preferred).
- Firewalls, WAFs, SIEM, Malware and Anti-Virus.
DESSERTS! (The sweet rewards of working for Pampered Chef)
Our core values are respect, humility, accountability, meritocracy, integrity, authenticity, passion, and innovation (in no particular order!). We embody those values in our work, but also in the great desserts we offer to our coworkers.
- Each and every coworker makes a difference every day by asking tough questions, finding the answers, and then making it happen—our entrepreneurial employees are the key to our success! Pampered Chef is big enough to implement cutting-edge technology, and small enough for all ideas to be heard and challenged.
- We are a learning focused environment—we want you to learn from us, and we expect to learn from you and what you’re passionate about! We even provide training and development for added brainpower.
- We get to mix it up! PC has offices in Addison and in downtown Chicago. Some of our roles will have the opportunity to work in the Chicago office full time, part time, or on occasion.
- We collaborate every day in a high-tech space with writable walls, open collaboration zones, quiet “I need to contemplate” zones, and fun zones with ping pong, basketball, and bags, of course. No boring cubicle farms here!
- We are concerned about your physical and financial well-being and offer BC/BS PPO or HMO health plans, dental, disability, matched 401K, life insurance, on-site fitness center, comfy chairs, on-site cafeteria, and dry cleaning valet service.
- Most importantly, Pampered Chef has a strong, proven history of bringing fun to cooking, creativity to recipes, and sharing to family and friends around the table.