We exist to help you enjoy the moments most important to you and yours by inspiring satisfying, stress-free meals fit for the way you live. We use the power of cooking to bring people together as the cornerstone of realizing each person’s full potential–in the home and in life.
Part of Berkshire Hathaway, Pampered Chef is the premier direct seller of high-quality kitchen tools. At cooking shows, our independent consultants help guests use our unique products to prepare simple and delicious recipes while sharing tips and techniques to make everyday cooking easier and faster.
Whether the cook is a future Emeril or a toddler helping to make chocolate chip cookies (licking the spoon, of course!), chances are Pampered Chef has a better, faster, and more delicious way of getting things done in the kitchen. We sell our superior-quality, innovative collection of prepping, cooking, and serving products through a network of more than 42,000 direct sales consultants throughout the US, Canada, and Germany. Millions of customers use our products every day. Each of our 450 HQ coworkers—from product designers and supply chain specialists to ecommerce developers—is committed to bringing the best to our customers. And we have fun doing it!
Established in 1980 by Doris Christopher, Pampered Chef was acquired by Berkshire Hathaway in 2002, a sure sign of our growth potential. In 2014, Tracy Britt Cool, a key member of Warren Buffett’s team, joined as our CEO to lead our transformation into a progressive, open door, cutting-edge workplace. We believe happy coworkers are the best coworkers and are committed to keeping creativity, innovative solutions and customer engagement top of mind. Pampered Chef is pushing the boundaries for our customers, consultants, and coworkers.MAIN COURSE (Job Responsibilities):
In this role, you’ll:
- Set key strategic architecture direction across productized engineering teams.
- Review proposed changes from engineering teams that may affect other areas of the system.
- Recommend information security standards, and conduct system security, vulnerability analysis, and risk assessments.
- Work on experimental POC projects and then transition to other teams.
- Write and maintain system documentation and architecture diagrams.
- Recommend new tools, frameworks, and best practices while mentoring the team.
- Create or sign-off on services/payloads used for integration between systems.
- System analysis and troubleshooting.
KEY INGREDIENTS (Position Requirements):
- A bachelor’s in in CS, CIS, MIS, or Engineering, or relevant industry experience is required.
- Java is your language of choice. You have strong command over it to develop reliable, secure, and high-performing services. You bring expertise working with a variety of Java-based frameworks and runtime environments.
- Cracker Jack data-modeling skills, and have worked extensively with relational databases.
- Expert with SOAP, RESTful, and JSON web services.
- Easily provide performance and scalability improvements of distributed applications.
- Solid understanding of AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, or Rackspace technologies.
- You have awesome verbal and written communication skills to work effectively with technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
DESSERT! (The Sweet Rewards of Working at Pampered Chef!)
Our core values are respect, humility, accountability, meritocracy, integrity, authenticity, passion, and innovation (in no particular order!). We embody those values in our work, but also in the great desserts we offer to our coworkers.
- Each and every coworker makes a difference every day by asking tough questions, finding the answers and then making it happen – our entrepreneurial employees are key to our success! Pampered Chef is big enough to implement cutting edge technology, small enough for all ideas to be heard and challenged.
- We are a learning focused environment – We want you to learn from us and we expect to learn from you and what you are passionate about! We even provide training and development for added brain power.
- We collaborate every day in a high-tech space with writable walls, open collaboration zones, quiet “I need to contemplate” zones, and fun zones with ping pong, basketball and bags, of course. No boring cubicle farms here!
- We are concerned about your physical and financial well-being and offer BC/BS PPO or HMO health plans, dental, disability, matched 401K, life insurance and Onsite fitness center, comfy chairs, onsite cafeteria, dry cleaning valet service
- Most importantly, Pampered Chef has a strong, proven history of bringing fun to cooking, creativity to recipes, and sharing to family and friends around their table.