What We Do:
Uptake harnesses the power of underutilized data to empower businesses to make informed decisions. We partner with industry leaders to build predictive analytics software that grows smarter in one industry because of what we learn in another. The result is a powerful platform that identifies problems before they happen, ultimately saving money, time and lives.
What You Do:
As a Strategy Intern, you will support the Renewable Energy business unit across the commercialization process, from partnership pursuits to developing go-to-market strategies for Uptake’s Wind software-as-a-service (SaaS) products. This is an opportunity to collaborate with senior Uptake executives to shape the strategy and execution of a fast-growing business unit as we build to global scale.
Uptake Energy envisions a global energy system where everyone can access dynamic, resilient, and sustainable power. We’re building on Uptake’s platform and talent to solve the challenges of today’s energy marketplace and enabling the transition to the power system of tomorrow.
- Perform research on industry and competitive trends, including market sizing, M&A and partnership opportunity analysis.
- Support Renewable Energy team development of financial model and forecasts, competitive positioning, customer segmentation, pricing analysis.
- Analyze prospective customers and potential partner companies’ strategic objectives to help identify new business opportunities that meet Renewable Energy growth objectives.
- Support the marketing and communication strategy, including preparation for industry trade events such as Brazil Windpower and outreach to contacts of interest.
- Support the Renewable Energy leadership team on business development, including research, analysis, and creation of pitch, marketing, and commercialization materials.
The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial strategist comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a rapidly expanding technology organization.
- Currently studying Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative or business-related field, or MBA
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and experience creating powerful presentations
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical ability, including financial modeling experience
- A collaborative mindset, and a record of building successful relationships with colleagues and customers
- An entrepreneurial spirit, sense of humor, and the passion to help create the energy system of the future
- Fluency in Portuguese a plus