Recognized as a “Leader” in Gartner’s 2015 E-Discovery Magic Quadrant, kCura are the developers of the e-discovery software Relativity. Relativity has more than 140,000 active users in more than 40 countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice and more than 190 of the Am Law 200. kCura helps corporations, law firms, and government agencies—numbering more than 10,000 organizations—meet unstructured data challenges by installing Relativity on-premises and providing hosted, on-demand solutions through a global network of partners. kCura has been named one of Chicago's Top Workplaces by the Chicago Tribune for five consecutive years. Please contact kCura at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.kcura.com for more information.
kCura is a global company with team members who are driven by our customers to build exceptional software for them to use every day. Our product, called Relativity, handles large volumes of data and helps corporations, law firms, and government agencies solve their own unique data problems.
The way we work together is centered on our core values of collaborating, communicating, pushing to exceed expectations (even our own), being humble, and having fun while we do it. We enjoy ourselves, give back, and work (and play) hard together. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
As a Technical Project Manager, you are responsible for the planning, execution, and delivery of projects that span across various disciplines serving kCura’s Engineering department. Your daily functions include managing multiple projects while continually seeking to capitalize on opportunities to drive operational efficiencies and increase customer satisfaction. You will acquire a deep understanding of kCura’s systems and capabilities to provide solutions to a variety of business and technical challenges.Responsibilities
- Engage with product management and engineering leadership to define the overall goals, scope, work breakdown, and milestones for major releases of our products
- Drive work to completion, seek out gray areas which need attention, and eliminate issues impacting progress
- Bring groups together to ensure teams remain focused. Maintain an attitude of commitment and exhibit responsibility for the needs of the team members
- Optimize work streams and processes for the development organization
- Facilitate the sprint and release planning to ensure the overall objectives of the program are met
- Manage changes to the scope and schedule of the development of new product capabilities. Monitor the progress of the team sprints and critical milestones
- Identify and track areas of risk, develop mitigation plans, and build consensus on key project decisions
- Assist in the recruiting, training, coaching and counseling of new team members
- Monitor 3rd party vendor activities to ensure compliance with contract expectations and company standards
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years of experience leading medium to large software technology projects (e.g. software development, system implementations, business analysis, and process re-engineering) through all phases of the project lifecycle
- Experience in a software product organization with matrixed cross-functional teams is a plus
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools ( e.g Waterfall, SDLC, Agile)
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and verbal and written communications for technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of or familiarity with multiple Technology Infrastructure concepts such as, Servers, Virtualization, Networking, Telecommunications, Cloud Computing.
- Proficient in using MS Office, MS Project, Visio
- PMP or PMI Certification is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others
- Demonstrated ability to adhere and promote standard project management tools, procedures and best practices
Our software has more than 130,000 active users in more than 40 countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice and more than 190 of the Am Law 200. We have grown significantly over the last several years and continue striving to build software that helps solve our customers’ toughest e-discovery and unstructured data challenges.
If you’re ready to grow with us, we’d love to hear from you.