IMC is a leading market maker, active on 90 exchanges around the world. Founded in Amsterdam in 1989, IMC was among the first to value the importance of technology and innovation in the evolution of trading. As we invested we grew, from 2 to 450. Today we operate globally – across time zones and continents. Working smart got us where we are. Thinking smarter will keep us there. When IMC made the decision to expand across the globe, it was no surprise that it chose Chicago. As the center of the derivatives market, Chicago was and still is the prime spot to be for the US markets. Inspired by entrepreneurship, our Chicago office has grown from 2 people to 150 since we began trading in 2000. A commitment to technology and innovation brought us to where we are today: a diversified trading firm active in many different asset classes on all major exchanges in the US.
Our business model is built on teamwork and we encourage the best ideas regardless of title. We continuously seek synergies between trading and technology in cross functional projects and teams. The collegiate spirit is ever present at IMC and we encourage our people to challenge each other and to say what they think. Being smart gets you in the door; a continuous desire to improve will ensure you succeed.
Feeling at home in a great team is important in any job and because IMC Chicago employs people from across the world, you’ll have endless opportunities to find your place on our team and build a network of friends.
Are you someone who is passionate about challenging the status quo?
Do you enjoy the process of problem solving, a process where you recognize areas of improvement and iterate and innovate to improve? Does your curiosity and desire to learn drive you?
TECHNICAL RECRUITER OVERVIEW:
- Responsible for innovative sourcing strategies to find top technical talent. Full-lifecycle recruiting includes, setting sourcing strategy, reviewing resumes, crafting the selection process, interviewing candidates, and managing the offer and sell process.
- Build, manage, and strengthen relationships with external recruiting agencies
- Use data to drive decision making in process. Provide consistent reporting on recruiting activity and metrics.
- Stay “ahead of the curve” on emerging trends in the market and the latest creative recruiting channels particularly among IMC’s competitors for talent in trading and technology. Play an active role in the branding and marketing of the IMC brand.
- Represent the IMC brand externally to top talent and convey our unique opportunities and company culture.
WHAT MAKES IT FUN?
- We’re looking for THE BEST technical talent in the market. At IMC, you’ll be a true partner to our hiring managers and an integral part of building the technical teams and growing our business.
- Drive decision-making in the Recruitment space by using data and analytics to inform our process and hiring strategies.
- Push the boundaries of talent acquisition. You will have the ability to bring creative ideas to the table and the support to make an impact.
- Collaborate across the globe and partner closely with the recruitment teams in Europe and APAC to learn and share best practices from the Chicago market beyond.
- Be a part of the IMC team. We rely on each and every person to help us meet our organizational goals. Your hard work and dedication matters and will be recognized.
- 5+ years of technical recruiting experience in a fast-paced and dynamic industry (technology, financial services, start up, etc)
- A network to leverage to find relevant technical talent preferably for engineers, developer, and technologists.
- Direct sourcing skillset – the ability to identify and source passive candidates via linkedin, talent communities, referrals, etc.
- Excellent academic credentials; Bachelor’s degree from a top tier university preferred.
- Experience recruiting professionals at all levels and adjusting approach to fit different levels or types of candidates
- Experience working with organizations known for their forward-thinking talent practices and high bar for talent.
- Career history that demonstrates loyalty and tenure coupled with continued growth and success (increased complexity and responsibility in roles)
- Effective communication and follow through to meet the expectations of multiple stakeholders
- Energy and passion combined with poise and sound judgement to establish credibility and earn the respect of professionals in the firm.
- Strong self-motivation and multi-tasking skills. This role will require effectively setting (and resetting) priorities. Flexibility and resilience is key to pivot as priorities change.
- Mental agility to adapt to our dynamic environment and business.
Globally, we believe in hiring the best people and giving them the freedom, responsibility and ongoing support they need to succeed (and have some fun along the way). They learn, grow and expand their knowledge in a flat structure that means the best ideas are always recognized, regardless of position. From traders, to technologists, to our business support team, it’s their collaboration that is one of our biggest strengths, and has made us one of the world’s leading market makers.
WHO WE ARE:
IMC Financial Markets is among the world’s leading proprietary trading firms, and a market maker in securities listed on exchanges across the globe. Our cutting-edge technology drives everything we do. High performance algorithms, smart strategies and collaborative teams are the core of our business.
Today, IMC Financial Markets is 400+ people working together to build software and trade financial products in our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago and Sydney. What does this mean for you? The chance to join a multi-national, multi-cultural team of exceptional individuals, focused on making IMC the world’s best trading firm.