SAP Fieldglass provides the industry's leading technology for services procurement and external workforce management. More than 400 global businesses leverage SAP Fieldglass' intuitive Vendor Management System (VMS) to gain visibility into their external labor. project-based services, independent contractors and additional flexible talent pools.
Fieldglass is looking for a Technical Writer who will be responsible for creating and editing content related to Fieldglass Product Mangagement team. This person must have excellent writing skills and must be able to research, organize, and explain complex topics in a manner that can be understood by both business and technical readers with varying levels of expertise. This position will be located in our Naperville office.
- Perform writing assignments to document standard development requirements.
- Proofread and edit content created by others for spelling and grammar.
- Interview subject matter experts to understand and document features and functionality of the Fieldglass application.
- Work independently to test and document application features.
- Maintain documentation based on application releases and enhancements.
- Manage multiple assignments simultaneously, while working independently as well as with others.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a software technical writing role.
- Advanced computer skills especially Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint, are required. MadCap Flare/Ixiasoft experience a plus.
- Must have excellent writing and grammar skills.
- General understanding of DITA, HTML, and XML useful.
- Experience with JIRA issue tracking software and Confluence collaboration software tools helpful.
- Experience with content management systems.
- Highly motivated individual able to grasp complex technologies, tools or knowledge and learn quickly.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work independently and remain within tight deadlines.