Solstice is an innovation and emerging technology firm that helps Fortune 500 companies seize new opportunities through world-changing digital solutions. As strategists and consultants, we help organizations evolve their digital strategy to solve mission-critical problems. As designers and developers, we build incredible hardware and software solutions that transcend a standalone product and transform an organization’s relationship with its customers.
Solstice is an innovation and emerging technology firm that helps Fortune 500 companies seize new opportunities through world-changing digital solutions. As strategists and consultants, we help organizations evolve their digital strategy to solve mission-critical problems. As designers and developers, we build incredible hardware and software solutions that transcend a standalone product and transform an organization’s relationship with its customers. As instructors and coaches, we help companies transform from the inside out by adopting a high-speed culture of innovation.
Solstice is seeking a UX Researcher for an extended engagement with a Fortune 500 Financial Securities client in Chicago. Our client is committed to transforming the way they deliver software with Agile and HCD practices. We’ve been coaching them in the Solstice CXDD method and they’re ready to take delivery to the next level. We are helping to form two dedicated Agile teams to build innovative digital solutions, using an iterative cycle of customer research and feedback.
This person should be analytical and a creative problem solver. If you are passionate about digital experiences and understand the concepts of human centered design – read on!
What we are looking for in you:
- You are excited and passionate about new and well-designed technologies
- You’re able to manage your own time, whether working on a team, in a collaborative environment or working independently
- Working closely with a development and design team is something you have done and enjoy
- You are an advocate for the user. You’re passionate about solving difficult, user experience problems based on end-user research
- Proven ability to envision a user-centered design based on your understanding of HCI fundamentals
- You are able to effectively articulate user experience issues and concerns and overall design principles to team members and clients
- Proficient in user research methods and tools (prototyping, user interviews, usability testing, persona development, journey mapping)
- Any design experience (desktop or mobile) is a plus however we are looking for a user researcher first and foremost
- Open to the possibility of transitioning to the client as a full-time employee during or after the engagement
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Computer Interaction or related field
What you can look forward to in the job:
- Your work at Solstice matters. The work you do here will have a direct impact for our clients and will be seen and used by thousands of people everyday
- Taking a client’s vision from conception to completion and delivery and being a trusted advisor to them on the digital experience they will provide end users
- You will work with some of the brightest, most talented UX'ers around - you’ll learn something new daily, and we would like to learn from you
What you’ll do:
- Interview stakeholders, subject matter experts and end users for exploratory and validation research
- Work with the Product Owner and development team to define features and user stories with the customer in mind
- Develop lean documentation to keep your team user focused
- Facilitate usability sessions to test prototypes and developed features
- Work closely with designers for the client’s digital product suite