Design at higi
The higi design practice helps people take a more active role in their health and wellbeing by designing solutions that deepen engagement with users and stakeholders, engender trust with audiences, and acculturate design as an organizational competency.
Our design practice works across higi’s product solutions portfolio and includes 360-degree research, visual interface design, motion graphic design, and interaction design disciplines. Our practice is looking for unique designers with particular interest and expertise in health behavior, behavior change, and human flourishing.
We’re looking for a Visual Interface Designer with particular expertise with native iOS and Android design to help evolve and curate higi’s visual language across the product solutions portfolio. You’ll work collaboratively with Product Managers, Interaction Designers, and Developers to create interface applications that create emotional connections. We’ll rely on you to apply your expertise throughout the design process and play a part in continuously refining our approach to human-centered design.
· Play a leading role in the design of native applications
· Contribute to a cohesive, cross-product appearance model and visual language
· Leverage visual design to elevate brand perception and reinforce product value
· Develop and refine native interface style guidelines, patterns, and supporting standards
· Design the appearance of interface elements that successfully facilitate desired user behavior
· Base decisions on design principles and research evidence and effectively communicate rationale with others
· Participate in design research
· Clearly document, synthesize, communicate, integrate research findings
· Collaborate with product management and development to implement design
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline. Advanced education in design, HCI or cognitive behavior is a plus.
· 5 – 7 years of rich experience in visual interface design roles
· At least 2 years of experience designing native applications
· Experience applying principles of persuasive technology and behavior change to design
· Some experience with a variety of design research methods
· Experience in healthcare is not required, but is a plus
Design and Portfolio
· You can articulate the value and process of human-centered design
· An understanding of design and technology and a strategic perspective on how they apply to innovation and product development
· A clear mastery of visual design principles, their psychological underpinnings, and experience applying those principles to applications
· A portfolio of beautiful and compelling visual interface work (with a focus on native projects) that demonstrates a balance between convention and affordance with novel approaches
· To be considered, your application must include a pdf attachment or link to your portfolio
· Mastery of Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite. Axure, IA/prototyping tools are a plus
· Expertise in native, adaptive and responsive design
· Experience working in an agile environment is a plus